1. Materials accessible through the Site
Throughout the Site, you may access materials including but not limited to images, information, documents, audio recordings, videos and services (“Materials”) either:
- developed and made available by CIFOR (“CIFOR Materials“), or
- made available by contributors through a blog or other service of the Site (“Contributed Materials”), or
- belonging to or originating from third parties (including CGIAR Centers) and aggregated on the Site and/or made accessible through links to third party websites (“Third Party Materials”).
2. Permitted use of CIFOR materials
CIFOR aims to create international public goods. For this purpose, the CIFOR Materials are made available in the most open and easily accessible way. You may download, copy, reproduce, republish, modify, post, broadcast, transmit, distribute, make available to the public, or otherwise use CIFOR Materials in any way, provided that:
- you attribute the work and any identified source,
- your use is for non-commercial, research, educational or personal purposes, and
- you, in turn, license such Materials under the same conditions.
Should you wish to deviate from these conditions, please contact CIFOR in order to seek prior authorization.
3. Third party materials
4. Contributed materials
By posting Contributed Materials, contributors agree to grant CIFOR, its successors and assigns, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, copy, modify, perform, publish and disseminate the Contributed Materials on the Site and in derivative works, and warrant that the exercise of such rights does not infringe any third-party rights, including copyright. If the foregoing is false, Contributor shall defend, indemnify, and hold CIFOR harmless from any resulting claims, damages or costs (including reasonable attorney fees).
5. Prohibited use
You agree not to use this Site, including the Materials, for any unlawful purpose or in any way that would violate the rights of others, including intellectual property rights. You agree not use the CIFOR logo without our prior written authorization.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Site, or otherwise engage in disruptive behavior, we may use your personal information to stop this behavior. If we have reason to believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
6. Disclaimer/limitation of liability
The Site is provided by CIFOR “as is”. CIFOR makes every effort to ensure, but makes no warranties, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of any of the Materials. In no event shall CIFOR be liable for any loss or damages of any nature, including special, indirect, punitive or consequential damages, arising in connection with the access, use or reliance on any of the Materials.
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
Jalan CIFOR, Situ Gede
Bogor Barat 16115
Tel: +62 251 8622622
Fax: +62 251 8622100