This session is an opportunity to discuss ways to strengthen the collection (and use of) data on socioeconomic benefits of forests. Experiences in developing tools and methodological approaches will be shared, including:
• Forests in the context of Sustainable Development Goals and the Global Objectives on Forests
• Launch of the Sourcebook on Forestry Socioeconomic Surveys
• Forest (socioeconomic) monitoring module for use by National Statistical
• Sourcebook on Forestry Socioeconomic Surveys – Why and What?
• Outcomes of applying forestry modules and lessons learnt in Indonesia
• Outcomes of applying forestry modules and lessons learnt in Tanzania
• Outcomes of applying forestry modules using tablets and lessons learnt in Nepal
An expert panel will discuss ways to improve the availability and use of forest data and information. How can we increase the uptake and usefulness of our tools?