- Gender-responsive actions can significantly improve performance of forest landscape projects and programs.
- Enhancing womens active participation, strengthening their land and tree tenure rights, and applying equitable benefit-sharing mechanisms, are key.
- Developers of forest landscape programs and projects can take the following practical, genderresponsive actions to achieve more effective and equitable impacts:
- Earmark training and technical assistance for women and youth.
- Include budget line items for gender-targeted activities.
- Include gender-specific actions and indicators.
- Employ new mechanisms to channel funds directly to women and to measure the impacts of genderresponsive forest landscape efforts.
Topic: landscape, gender
Series: GLF Brief no. 1
Publisher: Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Bogor, Indonesia
Publication Year: 2018Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.