- Land restoration will happen under climate change and different knowledge systems are needed to navigate uncertainties and plan adaptation.
- The emergence of novel ecosystems presents a challenge for land restoration; they harbor unknown unknowns.
- This brief presents key research linking land restoration and societal adaptation and an example of a practical framework for transformative adaptation.
- It also proposes questions that can guide stakeholders in exploring different change narratives for adaptation and restoration planning.
Select file to download
Dimensions Citation Count:
- Climate Change
- Climate change mitigation and REDD+
- Accelerating rates of deforestation and forest degradation
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
Pramova, E.; Locatelli, B.; Djoudi, H.; Lavorel, S.; Colloff, M.J.; Martius, C.
Research was conducted by project