- National and subnational policies contribute to forest conservation, but their effectiveness is low on average, especially in the tropics.
- No particular policy instrument stands out as a ‘silver bullet’. Achieving the multiple objectives of REDD+ will require policy mixes that are sensitive to local contexts.
- More rigorous evidence on the effectiveness of forest conservation policies is needed, especially from Africa.
- Climate Change
- Climate change mitigation and REDD+
- Accelerating rates of deforestation and forest degradation
A. Angelsen, C. Martius, V. de Sy, A.E. Duchelle, A.M. Larson, Pham T.T. (eds.). 2018. Transforming REDD+: Lessons and new directions. 105-116
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
Börner, J.; West, T.A.P.; Blackman, A.; Miteva, D.A.; Sims, K.R.E.; Wunder, S.