- Gender-responsive actions can significantly improve performance of forest landscape projects and programs.
- Enhancing women’s active participation, strengthening their land and tree tenure rights, and applying equitable benefit-sharing mechanisms, are key.
- Developers of forest landscape programs and projects can take the following practical, genderresponsive actions to achieve more effective and equitable impacts:
- Earmark training and technical assistance for women and youth.
- Include budget line items for gender-targeted activities.
- Include gender-specific actions and indicators.
- Employ new mechanisms to channel funds directly to women and to measure the impacts of genderresponsive forest landscape efforts.
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
Kristjanson, P.; Siegmann, K.; Afif, Z.; Manchester, K.; Gurung, J.