The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Web Developer and Administrator
The Web team is part of the COE Team and an essential unit for achieving CIFOR’s deliverables and sharing knowledge. Projects, events, publications, media, announcements – all outputs go through CIFOR’s many digital platforms; CIFOR’s Web team now manages and maintains 6 stand-alone sites and at least 30 subsites. For these digital platforms to be most effective and efficient, they need to be managed with attention to user behavior and technical trends, and they need to function in an integrated and complementary manner to ensure that all platforms work in tandem to build and nurture audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and support website optimization, stability and security.
- Provide service to the requester to update materials to the website.
- In collaboration with colleagues and relevant partners/clients, assist the development of new and existing websites and supporting systems.
- Support the internal and external technical groups (e.g. Information Technology Unit and internet service provider (ISP)) on technical and administrative tasks related to platform installation, maintenance and expansion.
- Provide support on collecting statistical data as part of the web usage monitoring/reporting system across CIFOR online channels.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in website development and maintenance on high traffic sites.
• Be expert in WordPress, server setting and maintenance.
• Be able to write and edit clean, well-structured, optimized and well-commented code, and manage source versioning with GitHub or Subversion (SVN) as part of a standard workflow.
• Having experience of working for an international organization/NGO or in an international development field is a strong advantage.
• Be fluent in English.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Have the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and prioritize a large volume of work.
• Be a team player and have outstanding interpersonal communications skills.
• Have a desire to learn and excel in a high-performance team environment.
• Have a strong client services approach.
• Be resourceful, creative and solutions-oriented.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a local position.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 2 years, inclusive of a 6-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Jun-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.