Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) in collaboration with Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is looking for:
Economist/Social Scientist for Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Analysis
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges in forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, CIFOR aims to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA)as well as the multi-sectoral action platform the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF).
CIFOR is committed to both strengthening and credibly evidencing how their research, engagement, and capacity strengthening efforts is influencing tangible development outcomes. In order to achieve this CIFOR wants to ensure the systematic application of appropriate monitoring systems.
CIFOR in Bogor is looking for expertise to further develop its cross-project monitoring and evaluation system through targeted support to project work focused on implementing integrated landscape development approaches.
Summary of responsibilities
- design and implement a monitoring framework for a multi-country integrated landscape management project coordinated by CIFOR
- advise on the application of theory of change in project design and implementation
- manage the collection and use of data for learning and project improvement
- coordinate the dissemination of emerging project lessons through sub-national, national and international forums.
Education, knowledge and experience
- University degree in Economics or Social or Environmental Sciences, Forestry or Agricultural Science or any other specialized field of study, ideally with an interface to Monitoring & Evaluation
- Several years of experience in monitoring & evaluation, theory of change and the management of complex data records
- Proven ability in project management and partner coordination
- Very good written and spoken English, ideally French
- Citizenship of an EU member state is required.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Willing to travel in Indonesia and internationally;
- Able to work effectively with minimal day-to-day supervision;
Terms and conditions
- Candidate must prioritize and complete a variety of tasks with little supervision in an international environment;
- Cooperation with other development cooperation organisations is essential;
- Professional preparation for your assignment abroad is required;
- Two-year initial local employment contract; contract may be extended on an annual basis after completion of the first two-year term;
- Attractive monthly top-up payments in addition to local salary and social benefits;
- The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The job offer is current, there is no application deadline;
To apply, please submit application online using CIM online portal at:
https://jobs.cimonline.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=37695#jump-to-main-content and copy to CIFOR HR: email@example.com