The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Team Support Assistant
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is supplying policymakers and practitioners with the information, analysis and tools they need to design and implement sensible climate policies and practices. Researchers at CIFOR’s team on Climate Change, Bioenergy, and Low-Carbon Development (CCE) are providing knowledge, tools and analysis on climate change mitigation and adaptation, on bioenergy and on low-carbon development.
The Team Support Assistant (TSA) will be part of the Climate Change, Energy and Low Carbon Development (CCE) team and will perform a variety of tasks contributing to both project management and research support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the Team Leader’s and/or related CCE team’s schedules and agenda;
- Provide administrative support such as doing correspondence (including translation), taking and writing up minutes of meetings, report writing, preparing presentation materials and other written and illustrative materials as required;
- Assist in the completion of requisition and Travel Authority forms; arrangement of travels and accommodations etc;
- Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings, workshops, seminars, visits or other events in or outside CIFOR; responsible for event logistical matters such as accommodation, transportation (both air and ground), distributing invitation letters, liaising with relevant departments in the visa/permit process and other logistical matters as necessary. These activities are done in coordination with the Events Coordinator, the Finance & Administration office and the HR office and other relevant staff or offices;
- Support project management of the Global Comparative Study on REDD+ project, including administration of a large-scale field research operation in multiple countries;
- Manage and maintain project’s databases and web-based applications or repositories, including the filing system;
- Support the development of contracts for partners and collaborators, and liaise with the relevant offices in the finalization of the contracts;
- Maintain and monitor supplies of forms and other office requirements;
- Perform other tasks as may be required to support the smooth functioning of the team, support and work with colleagues within the team and with other CIFOR staff
Education, knowledge and experience
• Diploma in secretarial, office administration, public relations or other related fields; Bachelor degree in the same fields is a plus;
• A minimum of three years of experience in project administration, personal assistant, secretarial work or similar role;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Very strong management and organizational skills; prior experience with project management required;
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
• Shows initiative and is capable of working independently and as an effective team player;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at http://www.cifor.org/career
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.org
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 02 Mar-2018
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.