The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on the low-income and – the poorer groups in different countries.
The New Delhi Office (NDO) is hiring one Policy Facilitator. The candidate will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia, and will oversee and coordinate the program activities of an International Fund for Agricultural Development – Association of Southeast Asian Nations (IFAD-ASEAN) project, where key IFPRI researchers are based in Washington, DC and at the South Asia Regional Office in New Delhi. Adequate technical, administrative and coordination assistance would be ensured by IFPRI to the Policy Facilitator.
CIFOR, acting on behalf of IFPRI, is seeking to recruit a qualified policy facilitator to provide relevant services as summarized below:
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidates will perform the following duties:
- Oversee and coordinate the program activities, with key IFPRI researchers based in Washington, DC (USA), the South Asia Regional Office in New Delhi and key partners, including the ASEAN, ASEC, the AMAF, AFA and ASIADHRRA
- Identify and document various outputs in the form of thematic and research outcomes of the project.
- Conduct and participate in all the meetings of RPSC, NPSC, IFPRI and SEARCA in accordance with the technical responsibilities of the project.
- Be responsible for constant sharing of information on the project's progress with all members of the RPSC and NPSCs.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the annual workplan and ensure there is overall compliance with IFAD's financial management requirements (Financial Management Reports and Auditing).
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by respective supervisors.
Education, knowledge and experience
• master’s degree in economics/rural/agribusiness management
• excellent computer skills, in particular with STATA (knowledge of STATA is mandatory and the candidates will be tested on STATA skills during interviews), and Microsoft Office spreadsheets, graphics and word processing
• experience in organizing events such as policy dialogue workshops, etc.
• fluent in English and Bahasa.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• good organizational skills
• ability to work independently
• good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of one year, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The work location for this position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
• The vacancy is open until filled.
To apply, please visit our career site at http://www.cifor.org/career
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.org
To learn more about IFPRI, please visit our website at http://www.ifpri.org
Application processNo Application deadline.
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.