The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Internship for Social Content Moderator
The Global Landscapes Forum enhances well-being and environment for all by putting people first and with the understanding that:
· Communities (people acting together) drive change,
· Landscapes are complex and require flexible solutions, and
· Local collective consciousness and solutions can fulfill global goals.
The Global Landscapes Forum is the world’s largest inter-sectoral platform designed to examine knowledge, share experiences and accelerate action by communities as they invest in and move towards more resilient, climate friendly, diverse, productive, equitable and, thereby, sustainable landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment, and The World Bank, and with core funding provided by the German Government, the Global Landscape Forum is scaling up to engage one billion people in realizing their local priorities, while at the same time contributing significantly towards the overall achievement of the sustainable development goals and climate agenda. Since 2013, over 25,000 stakeholders from more than 3000 organizations and 110 countries have engaged with the GLF both in person and online, with stakeholders from community and indigenous people’s organizations, finance, civil society, government, media and the youth.
The GLF Community of Landscapes is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting. Our vision considers people first and recognizes that people acting together drive change.
Over the next four years, with the support of core funding from the German government and with the support of core, co-founding partners, such as UN Environment and the World Bank, the GLF will expand the discussion to a larger audience than ever before, and place communities at the center of the conversation. This event will challenge global influencers to react, expand, and – of course – scale up actions required to build sustainable landscapes.
The Global Landscapes Forum is a place where a farmer can inform action, pathways and policies; where international organizations can learn from the private sector and vice versa; and where CEOs, community leaders, communicators and technologists can share, learn, connect and act together.
From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to protecting peatlands, to supporting restoration in Africa, the Global Landscapes Forum has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and sustainable development goals.
Together we will create a global force to achieve the SGDs and climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do if we all work together.
The intern will be one part forum moderator, one part editor, and one part social media support provider.
The material distributed across these web channels will be used to accelerate positive action towards the implementation of the Landscape Approach across sectors. It will also be used to promote GLF’s outreach work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Promote and distribute the GLF and Global Landscapes News content across platishers, long-form social media channels, and forums
- In collaboration with GLF staff, pitch and generate ideas for social media and web engagement
- Moderate Reddit and in-house forums.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Recent graduate of a Bachelor’s program in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Social Sciences, International Development or a related discipline, with preference given to applicants with formal education in Communications, PR, Marketing or Journalism
• Familiarity with micro-blogging, content marketing, platishers, and forums
• Excellent English writing skills
• Proven skills in social media networking.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Effective time management capabilities
• Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is an internship opportunity.
• CIFOR may provide Fellows or Interns a monthly stipend or living allowance in accordance with the Project Document or as agreed with the Sponsor; The stipend or living allowance provided to the Fellow or Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Fellows or Interns in CIFOR.
• This a home-based position, but preferably in Bonn, Germany.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Sep-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.