CIFOR is seeking field research enumerators to join in a research to evaluate the impacts of subnational REDD+ (Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries, and the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests, and enhancement of forest carbon stocks in developing countries) initiatives in Brazil, Peru and Indonesia. CIFOR has carried out surveys in 150 villages and nearly 4,000 households in 2010-2011 and 2013-2014 through a before-after-control-intervention (BACI) approach. This year, CIFOR is planning to return to eight of the study sites in Brazil, Peru and Indonesia for a third round of data collection. This announcement aims to recruit enumerators for three REDD+ initiatives in Indonesia. A team of enumerators will be supervised by a field research supervisor (FRS) for each site. The selected candidates will then travel to Bogor, Indonesia for one week in June 2018 to participate in a training prior to fieldwork. The fieldwork period will start after the Eid al-Fitr 2018.
- Katingan Mentaya Project (Central Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- Ketapang Community Carbon Pools (West Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- Berau Forest Carbon Program (East Kalimantan, Indonesia)
Summary of responsibilities
- Conduct intensive socio-economy surveys (primarily household survey);
- Collect secondary data and/or other primary data as needed;
- Assure the completeness, accuracy, and quality of field research data;
- Assure fluid communications among the community, site team, field coordinator and M2 members;
- Fully attend mandatory enumerator training in early June 2018 in Bogor;
- Assist in logistics and other fieldwork coordination;
- Participate in meetings and other tasks as required;
Education, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor degree in forestry in agriculture or natural resources or related field;
- Strong mathematical skills;
- Prior experience in field work and conducting the socio-economy survey is an advantage;
- Ample knowledge of climate change, forestry, and REDD;
- Knowledge of local language and culture is an advantage;
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Physically and mentally fit to conduct fieldwork under difficult circumstances;
- Able to interact with people with different social background and culture;
- Able to work under pressure with irregular working hours in a remote setting;
Terms and conditions
- This is a consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be between June and August 2018, with a possibility for extension.
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- Work location will be at one of the study sites: Katingan, Central Kalimantan; Ketapang, West Kalimantan; or Berau and East Kutai, East Kalimantan.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to respective FRS on your preferred site and indicate “Field Research Enumerator” in the subject of your email to:
- Katingan, Central Kalimantan – Vivi Seviana : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ketapang, West Kalimantan – Alzaena Ulya Rusdimi: email@example.com
- Berau and East Kutai, East Kalimantan – Andini Desita Ekaputri: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at https://www.cifor.org
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.