The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Project Management Support Officer
Under the supervision of the Project Systems Manager, the Project Management Support Officer will provide effective and efficient administrative support for and monitoring of CIFOR's project management systems and databases. This will require substantial initiative and judgment, and collaboration with CIFOR staff at all levels.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Oversight and monitoring of Project Management Systems:
• Work closely with the team members of the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure accurate status updates of deliverables and reporting, including from partners and to donors in the CIFOR project management system.
• Working closely with CIFOR management, scientists and support staff, oversee the compliance of project management processes with CIFOR policies and requirements.
• Work closely with the Project Systems Manager in the design and implementation of project management initiatives and systems for continuous improvement of project management workflows.
• Monitor the performance and flow of all project management processes and systems, ensuring efficiency and accuracy.
• Take the lead in managing operational project management-related issues raised by CIFOR management, scientists and support staff.
• Provide support and guidance to Research Programs' Senior Project Officers, Secretaries, Regional Administrators and Project Leaders for all project management processes.
• Analyze and report to Project Systems Manager data to inform CIFOR's performance measures such as:
– Efficiency of meeting donor reporting timelines (monthly)
– Staff and systems performance (turnaround time)
• Provide back-up support to the Project Systems Manager as necessary, which includes reviewing all of CIFOR's institutional agreements submitted for approval in the CIFOR project management system.
• Assist with other responsibilities within the Deputy Director General's office, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Master's degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, good understanding of financial management and human resources procedures.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Have initiative and be capable of working independently and as an effective team player.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
• Proactive, target driven and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for 2 years (including 6 months probationary period), with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of this position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 20 Apr-2015.
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.