The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Web Monitoring Administrator
The web team is an essential unit for supporting CIFOR’s outputs. Projects, events, publications, media, announcements – all outputs go online, and CIFOR’s web team now manages and maintains six major websites in addition to over two dozen project and event sub sites, multiple social media accounts, regular email blasts and provides support for events, webcasting videos, publications and analytics reporting.
The success of these websites and other online channels (email blasts and social media) and relevant offline channels is measured through website analytics, which ultimately reflects the success of the program. The scope of this measurement includes identifying basic to advanced key performance indicators using descriptive and correlation analysis methods.
A Web Monitoring Administrator will be able to provide real-time support to staff and communications colleagues to provide accurate statistical report and design relevant metrics in measuring the performance of communication strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
• To collect, analyse and build web usage data reports from CIFOR’s monitoring sources
• To build formulas / methods of statistical analysis to support advanced web analytics reporting
• To design relevant metrics for web analytics to measure general and specific goal conversions
• To design and implement custom analytics dashboard that is suitable for use by communications staff
• To manage and plan for regular and special web analytics reporting
Education, knowledge and experience
• Have a bachelor’s degree in statistics, natural sciences, mathematics or related disciplines
• Expert user in Google Analytics, MS Excel, and online tracking systems
• Have a strong knowledge of and experience in statistical analysis, with preference given to experience in integrating statistical science into website analytics
• Experience in website development on high traffic websites a strong advantage
• Fluent in English
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Ability to work in a team and follow production workflow processes
• International experience, especially in the NGO or international development field, a strong advantage
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Consultancy position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment is for 1 year contract, starting from 1 October 2014
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia
Application processThe application deadline is 30 Sep-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.