The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Web and Multimedia Administrator
The web team is an essential unit for supporting CIFOR’s outputs. Projects, events, publications, media, announcements – all outputs go online, and CIFOR’s web team now manages and maintains six major websites in addition to over two dozen project and event sub sites, multiple social media accounts, regular email blasts and provides support for events, webcasting videos, publications and analytics reporting. A Web and Multimedia Administrator will be able to provide real-time support to staff and communications colleagues to ensure these key online services are kept up to date and maintained at a high level of quality.
Duties and responsibilities
• To manage the process of requests to update materials online and oversee the web publishing workflow until updates are completed
• To manage the process and provide support in building new websites, new web applications, and maintaining the web applications of existing sites
• To manage and provide technical support for the development and maintenance of website platforms in local and internet service providers / external web hosting, ensuring the site front end and back end are accessible, stable, updated, high performance and secure
• Involvement in the capacity planning of servers, processing power and storage as well as supporting software installation, system configuration, programming and debugging
• To provide support in collecting, analyzing and reporting web usage data from various monitoring sources.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in administering high-traffic websites and experience in developing CMS-based websites, with preference given to WordPress
• Have excellent knowledge and capability in managing the system development process of website development
• High level of proficiency with web server technology (Apache, IIS), internet programming languages (PHP, jQuery framework), database system and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) frameworks
• Able to write and edit clean, well-structured, optimized and well-commented code, and manage source versioning with GitHub or SVN as part of a standard workflow
• Fluent in English
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Ability to work in a team and follow production workflow processes
• International experience, especially in the NGO or international development field, a strong advantage
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Consultancy position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment is for 1 year contract, starting from 1 October 2014
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia
Application processThe application deadline is 30 Sep-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.