The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of General Accounting, the accountant will be responsible for Account Receivable and Financial Reporting from the regional offices.
Duties and responsibilities
• Process all advances, record carbon offsets of travel with advances, and process the payment of employee loans and medical advances.
• Prepare financial reports, send invoices, and follow up payments of institutions hosted by CIFOR, which consist of ILRI-Burkina Faso, Biodiversity-Cameroon, ICRAF-Bogor, CIAT-Bogor, and IRRI-Bogor.
• Record regional reports (institutions hosting CIFOR), which consist of CIFOR-Ethiopia, CIFOR-Kenya, and CIFOR-Peru.
• Prepare payments for operational advances from Regional offices.
• Record the monthly charges for corporate credit cards held by senior management.
• Record the TMS (telephone monitoring system) charges.
• Maintain the accounts receivable and statement of personal accounts. Record the forex which appears in the accounts receivable.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor degree in accounting
• One to three years professional experience in an accounting role
• Experience in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of accounting systems, preferably SUN System
• Fluent in English and Indonesian, both spoken and written.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
• Proven ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in IDR commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 3 (three) years, inclusive of a six month probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia
Application processThe application deadline is 21 Sep-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.