The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of responsibilities
• General administrative tasks including travel and workshop logistics planning and reporting;
• Coordinate and communicate with the project management unit, finance, HR, LIV, partners and donors, on a range of tasks (contracting, tracking deliverables, payments, budget development and impact pathway documentation);
• Ensure that the project’s financial obligations are met in accordance with existing procedures;
• Collect information required for proposals, presentations and reports to donors and produce drafts for the project managers to be revised and finalised;
• Provide stakeholders with answers to simple questions and basic information as required, and disseminate project literature (info briefs, publications, etc.); and follow standard procedures when responding to basic telephone, written and electronic requests for information;
• Maintain project documentation and be able to create draft activity reports based on templates, project documents, trip reports and other research reports.
Education, knowledge and experience
• At least a B.Sc., preferably an M.Sc., in public administration, accounting or project management or similar
• Excellent English writing skills as the position requires direct communication with partners and donors
• Strong computer skills
• Five years of relevant experience working in an international organization or development agency, developing country settings.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Management and organizational skills, and experience in project management.
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with an ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Have initiative and capable of working independently and as an effective team player.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
• Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and aware of other cultural communication contexts.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Consultancy position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment is for 1 (one) year with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 Aug-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.