The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Resource Development Specialist
The Resource Development Specialist will support CIFOR’s Resource Development and Partnerships Manager in implementing fundraising strategies and help oversee the business processes that currently support CIFOR’s fundraising efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
• Help CIFOR to build enduring relations with funding partners based in Indonesia
• Assist Indonesia-based staff with copyediting of major grant submissions
• Leverage CIFOR’s communications capacity and internal myCIFOR ‘Resource Development Platform’ to support fundraising efforts
• Support and represent the Resource Development Manager who is based in Rome, Italy, in engagements at CIFOR’s headquarters in Bogor.
Summary of responsibilities
• Lead and develop engagements with funding partners in Indonesia
• Assist HQ-based staff in copyediting major grants submissions (concept notes and proposals)
• Create monthly “Resource Development Update” email HTML with new calls for proposals (online research), special fundraising successes, CGIAR changes, etc.
• Help keep current the CIFOR Fundraising Toolkit.
Knowledge sharing and communications
myCIFOR Resource Development (RD)
• Ensure myCIFOR RD platform is maintained and promote use by CIFOR staff.
Outreach and events
• Ensure strong participation of funding partners at major CIFOR events (one or two per year) through targeted invitations and proactive engagement
• Work with the Information and Communications Group (ICG) to follow the Funding Partner Acknowledgement and Engagement Guidelines and in communicating the latest research products, stories, etc., showcasing CIFOR’s work to top funding partners.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Communications, Environmental Studies and/or other related discipline with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in strategic business development, project management, account management, communications and/or fundraising and donor relations or other international development work
• Previous experience working with funding agencies, such as World Bank, European Union, USAID, IFAD, NORAD, Germany’s BMUB, DfiD, ADB, IADB, etc., an asset
• Demonstrated professional writing for communications, public relations, science proposals for multi-lateral funding agencies
• Experience developing toolkits for use company-wide an asset.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Excellent organizational, analytical and administrative skills
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Strong initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a consultancy position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 12 months.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 20 Aug-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.