The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Human Resources Assistant
The HR Assistant will perform administrative work for the HR Contract, Recruitment and Staffing Development Unit.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assists HR Officers in recruitment process, which includes, but is not limited to, preparing logistics for interview sessions for international staff and national staff and administering tests for candidates;
• Assists HR Officer in Staffing Development to i update training records and make logistical arrangements for training organized by HR; update staff performance contract and performance appraisal (you need another word here, is this a file or folder or document? They have to update something…) and compiling staff performance rating reports for management analysis;
• Receives, updates, scans and files contracts of staff and consultants;
• Supports the HR team in the development/improvement of HR automated systems and databases; specifically, ensures accuracy and timeliness of data in the recruitment folders.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Diploma Degree with a minimum of three (3) years professional experience in an administrative role required. Coursework in Human Resources preferred;
• Previous experience using Microsoft Word and Outlook, putting together Power Point presentations, and building Excel spreadsheets required;
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining office filing systems; soft and hard copies required;
• Past work experience scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or interviews for multiple participants, a plus;
Terms and Conditions
• This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers attractive competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The initial contract will be for 3 years with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of this position, and available resources. The position will be based in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 28 Mar-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.