The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
myCIFOR Quality Assurance Consultant
myCIFOR was established in 2013 with the idea of creating a centralized workspace for CIFOR’s business processes. myCIFOR consists of a series of stand-alone systems, each representing one business process. Since then, myCIFOR has developed into a more comprehensive, well-integrated system.
myCIFOR provides a space, system infrastructure and technical support for all divisions, allowing them to equip other users with information relevant to their business processes. Through myCIFOR, information is shared and integrated with the aim of streamlining all business processes in CIFOR.
The foundations of myCIFOR lie in policies, procedures, guidelines and reports that eventually feed myCIFOR with information.
In 2020, the IS team will be required to support the CIFOR-ICRAF merger process where some changes will need to be carried out.
Duties and responsibilities
a. Ensuring the features implemented in the system meet user requirements as per project scoping and design documents;b. Ensuring the system performs in line with information system standards;
Education, knowledge and experience
• A minimum of a diploma in engineering (computer/telecommunications), computer science/information technology or equivalent;
• At least 1 year of working experience in a related field is required for this position ;
• Experience in automation testing is an advantage;
• Understanding of SQL and experience using SQL servers (any version);
• Experience in an agile environment is a plus;
• Good knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Good problem-solving skills;
• Good personal organization and priority setting capabilities;
• Initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail, a fast learner, team player, willing to adapt, as well as the ability to work independently, and effectively as part of a team;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work and interact with people effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Willing to work overtime if required.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• The period of the consultancy is expected to be from March 2020 until January 2021.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 Dec-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.