The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Senior Resource Mobilization Consultant
Within the corporate structure of CIFOR, the Resource Development and Partnerships (RDP) unit is an integral component, responsible principally for resource mobilization, strategic partnerships and donor management. The objective of which is to ensure predictable and sustainable financial resources to deliver the overall CIFOR Strategic Plan.
To achieve this, the RDP team, in coordination with other CIFOR substantive units, manages and maintains the resource mobilization pipeline from identification of funding opportunities to supporting scientists in the development of submission documents including detailed budgets.
In this regard, CIFOR is recruiting a Senior Resource Mobilization Consultant (SRMC) to support the current team, predominantly in the budget development process, and in ensuring compliance with internal and donor budget requirements. The SRMC will provide substantial initiative and judgement, knowledge of CIFOR’s system, policies and procedures, and will collaborate closely with Team Leaders, Project Managers, Finance staff and CIFOR partners. The position requires Senior Finance Officer skills to provide autonomous and effective engagement and support to scientists in budget development processes.
Objectives of the assignment
• Ensure compliance with CIFOR and donor policies and procedures related to budget development;
• Ensure effective and efficient budget development processes;
• Strengthen coordination of project activity implementation across technical teams;
• Provide additional support in data management processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing budgets for project proposals that reflect project needs and are aligned to donor requirements and CIFOR’s full cost recovery policy/guidelines;
- Providing support in the coordination of proposal development as required;
- Collating and developing supporting documents for proposals as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. A master’s degree is preferable;
• A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in project administration and management, and proven experience in international projects as well as financial management policies and procedures;
• Experience in budgeting for not-for-profit projects;
• Experience in fundraising;
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications;
• Strong computer skills in all the main Microsoft Office and database management programs;
• An excellent command of written and spoken English is essential;
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Excellent organizational and priority-setting skills, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
• Shows initiative and capacity to work independently and as an effective team player;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
• Proactive, target driven, and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• The assignment period is 11 months and expected to be start from December 2019.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 22 Nov-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.