The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Administrative Support Consultant for Stakeholder Outreach on Managing Peatland and Mangrove Ecosystems
Wetland (peatland and mangrove) ecosystems are know as carbon-rich ecosystems having significant potential to curb climate change when managed and conserved in sustainable manner. At the same time the ecosystems provide a wide range of services to support livelihoods and adaptation to the changing climate.
In implementing a project entitled “Mitigation, Adaptation through Conservation and Sustainable Livelihoods in Indonesia’s Peat and Mangrove Ecosystems” or in short, Peatland and Mangrove Ecosystem (PME) project, CIFOR is tasked to build the capacity of stakeholders in understanding the roles of wetlands. The stakeholders will have to be reached out and engaged to achieve the expected outcome of the project.
The consultant will be responsible for administrative support in organizing events, including Trainings, Workshops and Focused Group Discussions with a wide range of stakeholders (public sectors, private sectors, academia, and civil society) at national and sub national levels. This is considered as stakeholder outreach, one of a few main activities of the PME project.
The consultant will be supervised by CIFOR’s senior scientist and technical consultant, who is handling administrative aspects. Most of the events will be conducted in Jakarta. Otherwise, sub national events will be organized in the provinces where the project is implemented.
Duties and responsibilities
- Handling office administrative tasks to support technical staff in organizing workshops/training and meetings
- Handling evaluation forms, compile and support technical staff to analyse evaluation forms for PME project
- Prepare reports on the organized events
- Coordinate and support technical staff
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or secretarial training and management
• Relevant experience in identifying and managing workshop/training participants
• Technical skills in handling correspondence, budget bookkeeping
• Knowledge about environmental issues is valued
• Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
• Experiences and willingness to work with government officials, academia and civil society as part of PME project stakeholders
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Be self-motivated, outgoing and welcome the opportunity to be guided and supervised
• Be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position under PME project
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience
• The assignment is for 3 months.
• The consultant will work from Bogor
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 05 Nov-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.