The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Team Support Assistant
The Communications, Outreach and Engagement (COE) unit requires a coordinator to manage consultant services for COE and the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF). The Team Support Assistant will manage consultant support to events, digital, publishing, editorial and multimedia services worldwide. The coordinator will support hiring processes, new staff orientation, workflow management, procurement and contracting, invoicing and payments, as well as assisting the Team Leader, Digital and Editorial Services, with administrative tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and update CIFOR’s roster of consultants
- Act as the focal person between internal clients and roster consultants
- Provide overall coordination on agreements for roster consultants assignments
- Ensure all roster consultants are provided with accurate guidelines for their assignment
- Support provision of estimates and quotations for work requests
- Support monitoring the progress of assignments to ensure timely deliveries by consultants
- Carry out testing and assessment processes for new roster hires
- Assess availability, assign work to roster consultants
Education, knowledge and experience
• Diploma degree in secretary, , business administration, communications, finance or a related field. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
• Five years in a fast-paced administrative role in a non-profit or research organization an asset
• High level of communications skills, client service abilities, proficient with MS Office package and office technology
• Knowledge of production workflow in publishing practices, web development and digital products will be an advantage
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with fluent written and spoken English
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Highly organized and efficient
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of project management and process lifecycles
• Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Works well under pressure
Terms and Conditions
• This is a local position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in IDR, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 2 years, inclusive of a 6-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 20 Oct-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.