The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Consultant for Fundraising Admin and Finance Support
The Resource Development and Partnerships (RDP) team is a small but important unit in CIFOR, consisting of fundraising specialists. The RDP team supports fundraising, partnership engagement and funder relations management within the organization. The responsibilities include identifying funding opportunities that support proposal development, making submissions to funders and managing the pipeline. The work involves a number of administrative tasks, including the development of budgets (RDP is also currently looking for an Admin and Finance Officer who is experienced in the development of budget proposals for funders).
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, Resource Development and Partnerships, the consultant will assist the RDP team with finance and administrative support for proposal development, specifically the development of budget proposals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the development of budgets for project proposals that reflect the project’s needs and are in line with funder requirements and CIFOR’s full cost recovery policy/guidelines.
- Collate and develop supporting documents for proposals as required.
- Provide administrative support for the coordination of proposal development as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
• undergraduate degree in finance, administration and other related fields
• 2 years of relevant experience
• experience in budgeting for not-for-profit projects
• experience in fundraising is beneficial
• excellent written and spoken command of the English language is essential; knowledge of other major international languages will be an advantage
• strong computer skills in all the main Microsoft Office programs and database management.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• displays initiative and is capable of working independently as well as in team environments
• pays attention to detail
• has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people of multinational and multicultural backgrounds and is a team player
• is trustworthy and has integrity
• is flexible, e.g. willing to work extra hours or outside of office hours as and when required.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 Aug-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.