The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
myCIFOR Programmer Consultants
For the past 2 years, myCIFOR has become a centralized tool for performing business processes. We need to make sure that all business processes match the current business needs.
The myCIFOR programmer consultants will perform the actual work in developing and integrating information and business processes into real systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce robust, scalable and reliable myCIFOR systems that will streamline the business processes in CIFOR.
- Participate in all System Information Team sessions on progress updates.
- Provide proper documentation during the programming activities.
- Follow Information System Team procedures and standards in developing systems.
- Follow project scoping document and design document in developing systems.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure project scope details are fully delivered.
Education, knowledge and experience
• minimum of diploma or degree in engineering (computer/telecommunication), computer science/information technology or equivalent
• new graduate or 1 year of working experience in a related field is required for this position
• experience in using .NET using C#
• good understanding of SQL language and logic, and experience using one of these database systems: MS SQL, MySQL
• experience in using REST API is a plus
• experience in using source code management (TFS/GitHub) is a plus
• experience in the Agile environment is a plus.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• good problem-solving skills
• good personal organization and priority-setting capabilities
• have initiative, be self-motivated, eye for detail, fast learner, good at teamwork, willing to adapt to high levels of change, and the capability to work independently as well as effectively as part of a team
• good interpersonal and communication skills
• ability to work and interact with people effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• ability to work with minimum supervision
• ability to work under pressure
• willing to work outside office hours if required.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• The period of the consultancy is expected to be from August 2019 until January 2020.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Jul-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.