The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Team Support Assistant
The Team Support Assistant will provide general secretarial and administrative support to the Finance Team and to the Deputy Director General – Operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Encode the bank details of payees in the banks’ online system (Citibank, Permata Bank and DBS Bank).
- Encode the wire transfer instructions in the Citibank, Permata Bank and DBS Bank online systems.
- Prepare manual payment instructions (Citibank, Permata Bank).
- Send by fax the approved manual instructions to the banks.
- Arrange the preparation and sending of confirmation letters to banks and employees.
- Provide the auditors with the documents or files they need for their vouching.
- Arrange logistics for the accommodation and transport of the auditors.
- Maintain the filing database for the Finance Storage and Crown Storage.
- Manage and maintain archives for 3 years for consultants, vendors, journal vouchers, bank receipts, Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) – Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) and other files.
- Collect and sort files in labeled and numbered archive boxes to be stored in Finance storage.
- Manage and arrange 4-year-old files at Finance Storage that will be transferred to Crown Storage.
- Maintain 10-year filing database and coordinate the annual destruction process for old files with Crown Storage.
- Coordinate the schedule and agenda of the DDG-Operations.
- Assist the DDG-Operations in completing requisition and travel authorization forms, arrangement of travels and accommodation, etc.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings, workshops, seminars, visits or other events.
- Manage the usage of the corporate credit card assigned to the DDG-Operations.
Education, knowledge and experience
• minimum Diploma III in secretarial, administration, public relations or other related fields
• minimum 5 years of experience in secretarial and/or administration environment
• experience working in a diverse environment in international organizations
• strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Be competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Have initiative, be capable of working independently, and be an effective team player.
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a locally recruited staff position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of two (2) years, inclusive of a six (6)-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Jul-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.