The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Consultant Social Media Specialist
CIFOR is seeking an experienced and creative Consultant Social Media Specialist to join our team. As a Consultant Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and engagement efforts. You will be working closely with CIFOR’s digital, editorial and outreach teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategy for CIFOR’s social media channels.
- Define social media KPIs, measure and report on progress towards goals.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network.
- Design and oversee paid marketing activities.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Monitor and analyze trends, practices and networks across media and social media to identify opportunities for strengthened engagement with boundary partners.
- Provide training on social media to other members of COE and to CIFOR researchers and management.
- Post and coordinate social media content and coordinate the production of shareable digital content.
- Other tasks related to science writing, social media and events, as required by COE management.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• 5 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role
• Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media best practices
• Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
• Good understanding of social media KPIs
• Familiarity with web design and publishing
• Demonstrated familiarity with story content development
• Demonstrated familiarity with social listening tools for analysis and monitoring, such as Hootsuite, Crowdbooster, Hashtracking, Tweetdeck, Facebook and Twitter Insights, Meltwater and NodeXL
• Fluency in formal and idiomatic English; other major languages (especially Spanish, French and Indonesian) an asset
• International experience with NGO or comparable organization an advantage
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• The period of the consultancy is expected to be from May 2019 until April 2020.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia; remote posting may be considered.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 03 May-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.