The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Digital Strategy Consultant
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest intersectoral platform designed to examine knowledge, share experiences and accelerate action by communities as they invest in and move towards more resilient, climate-friendly, diverse, productive, equitable and, thereby, sustainable landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment and the World Bank, and with core funding provided by the German Government, the Global Landscapes Forum is scaling up to engage one billion people in realizing their local priorities, while at the same time contributing significantly towards the overall achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and climate agenda. Since 2013, over 25,000 stakeholders from more than 3000 organizations and 110 countries have engaged with the GLF both in person and online, with stakeholders from community and indigenous peoples organizations, finance, civil society, government, media and the youth. The GLF Community of Landscapes is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting. Our vision considers people first and recognizes that people acting together drive change.
Over the next 4 years, with the support of core funding from the German Government and with the support of core, co-founding partners, such as UN Environment and the World Bank, the GLF will expand the discussion to a larger audience than ever before, and place communities at the center of the conversation. This will challenge global influencers to react, expand and – of course – scale up the actions required to build sustainable landscapes.
The Global Landscapes Forum is a place where a farmer can inform action, pathways and policies; where international organizations can learn from the private sector and vice versa; and where CEOs, community leaders, communicators and technologists can share, learn, connect and act together.
From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to protecting peatlands, to supporting restoration in Africa, the Global Landscapes Forum has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and SDGs.
Together we will create a global force to achieve the SDGs and climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do if we all work together.
BE A PART OF A GLOBAL MOVEMENT. BE A PART OF THE GLF.
Duties and responsibilities
- Critically evaluate the GLF’s digital presence and outreach and provide strategic guidance for improving outreach performance.
- Develop email strategies; email content inclusive of subject line and layout, preparing, testing and scheduling all email campaigns.
- Strategic guidance and development oversight of phase 2 and 3 of the GLF website which include event sites, Landscape Academy, Landscape News, community optimization and a mobile experience.
- Optimize the GLF website for SEO, working closely with communications and editorial team on keyword ranking.
- Create and execute strategic paid media plan across social and SEM (Google NGO grant) ensuring low COA and high conversion on engagement objectives.
- Drive Social Media platform strategy and management of implementation & lead team to leverage social media outlets to maximize inbound traffic.
- Coordinate online edition of GLF events, including digital workflow, pre- and post-event.
Education, knowledge and experience
• 5- 7 years of experience in digital and content marketing, analysis and brand launch strategy
• clear understanding of website analytics (Google Analytics, etc.)
• an eye for forward-thinking web and engagement strategies
• the ability to write concise, data-driven strategic documents
• ability to speak excellent English
• strong client service approach
• ability to manage own time to deliver assignments to deadline
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• strong client service approach
• resourceful, adaptable and self-directed, and able to find creative solutions
• passion for excellence.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that he/she complies with the local requirements for working at the posting location. Being a citizen of an EU country is preferred.
• Period of the consultancy is expected to be January 2019 – December 2020.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• This a home-based position but preferably in Bonn, Germany.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
To learn more about GLF, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jan-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.