The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Project Management System Support Officer
Under the supervision of the Team Leader – Program Management and Coordination (PMC), the Project Management System Support Officer will provide effective and efficient administrative support for and monitoring of CIFOR’s project management system and databases. This will require substantial initiative and judgment, and collaboration with CIFOR staff at all levels.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Senior Project Officers to ensure accurate status updates of deliverables and reports in CIFOR’s Project Management System.
- Manage some of the project management approval processes assigned under the responsibility of Program Management and Coordination (PMC).
- Oversee the compliance of project management processes with CIFOR policies and requirements.
- Work closely with Team Leader – PMC and Information Systems (IS) team in the design and implementation of project management initiatives and systems for continuous improvement of project management workflows.
- Monitor the performance and flow of all project management processes and systems, ensuring efficiency and accuracy.
- Take the lead in liaising with IS to manage operational project management-related issues raised by end users.
- Provide support and guidance to Senior Project Officers, Team Support Assistants, Regional Administrators and Project Managers for all Project Management System processes.
- Provide and prepare reports from the PMS databases when required.
- Analyze and report to Team Leader – PMC on CIFOR’s performance measures such as:
- efficiency of meeting donor reporting timelines (when requested)
- staff and systems performance (turnaround time)
- Provide back-up support to the Team Leader – PMC as necessary.
- Assist with other related responsibilities within PMC, as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
• bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree preferable
• minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, good understanding of financial management procedures
• excellent written and spoken English
• strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• competent in organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
• detail oriented
• have initiative and be capable of working independently as well as in a team
• good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals
• proactive, target driven and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 25 Oct-2018
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.