The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Senior Graphic Designer
CIFOR is a leading forestry research institution and requires a graphic designer who can provide advice on design products. CIFOR produces a diverse variety of design products and a graphic designer is sought to further develop CIFOR’s visual identity and ensure conformity across all communication media.
Duties and responsibilities
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- developing a compelling, consistent visual identity for CIFOR
- applying CIFOR’s visual identity across all media through the development of design concepts and templates
- leading the design development and production of CIFOR’s highest-level corporate communications products, for external audiences, events and exhibits
- coordinating and producing corporate products, such as CIFOR’s annual report, merchandise, posters, brochures, calendar, etc.
- working closely with the Production and Web team leaders to ensure brand identity across all platforms
- supporting regular publishing production such as infographics, cover designs, briefs, factsheets, brochures, postcards and posters that need high creativity skills
- working closely with the Events team to develop event/promotional products
- exploring and innovating the design of corporate products, such as online publishing, to align with CIFOR’s publishing strategy into the future
- developing Digital Asset Management (DAM) for photo workflow and supporting the development and management of photo collections, including filtering the photos before they go into gallery photo collections
- developing and maintaining Photo Gallery online systems to achieve effective workflow, making sure the photo gallery system is running and is regularly updated
- ensuring published material is archived and implementing this process regularly.
Education, knowledge and experience
• bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related discipline
• a minimum of five years in graphic design in a high-profile, fast-paced environment
• proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat
• proficient in Master Adobe Lightroom
• a good knowledge of photography, especially forestry photos, and of photo cataloguing and Digital Asset Management development.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
• have initiative and be capable of working independently as well as being an effective team player
• good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• value the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 May-2018
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.