Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Human Resource Officer
OverviewICRISAT wishes to recruit a ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Kenyan Nationals for the Human Resource Officer for the Institute’s operations in East and Southern Africa. This position will be based at ICRISAT, Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will report to the Manager – Human Resources with administrative reporting to the Country Representative. Through this position ICRISAT's national workforce is supported in all aspects of the Workforce Lifecycle, recruitment, selection, remuneration, rewards & recognition, on-boarding, performance management, workforce relations, learning & development, deployment, and separation). The position will be responsible for frontline interface between Workforce Members, Leadership and functional HR specialists in the region.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide HR professional advisory
support for all stages of workforce life cycle in consultation with Manager –
- Provide advisory role to workforce members and
managers on workforce management, on-boarding, policy interpretation, learning
and development, advancement and recognition and other day-to-day HR-related
- Anchor a robust & seamless
recruitment and selection process as defined in the Institute policies and
- Ensure Quality-of-hire as per
Institutional standards, for each vacancy filled through the recruitment
- Administer various workforce life
cycle-related transactions including Contract Renewals, Probation Confirmation,
Performance Appraisals, Disciplinary cases, Separations and Exits ensuring
global consistency in consultation with the Program Director.
- Organize multiple channels of
workforce connect and utilize available channels Internal Communication.
- Closely work with new joiner,
throughout their probation period and administer early contract modalities
- Organize and serve on various HR and
Regional level committees and take the lead on facilitating key corporate HR
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements
are met while delivering operational responsibilities
- Vendor Management of relevant HR
initiatives (Specialist area) -
- Working closely with Manager - HR in
designing and executing organization level HR initiatives
Education, knowledge and experience
- •Post Graduate Degree /Master’s in Human Resources •Experience of at least 5 years in a Business HR or HR Generalist role.
Personal attributes and competencies
- •Planning, organizing and execution skills •Has knowledge of facilitation and presentation skills •Strong communication skills, both verbal and written •Ability to interact confidently with Senior Leadership •Proficiency in Microsoft excel and power point
Terms and conditions
- •This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience. •The appointment will be for 3 (three) years, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources. •The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya CIFOR-ICRAF Offices.
Application processThe application deadline is 17 Jun-2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Senior Manager- Programs and Research (Global Position)
Senior Manager - Gender and Programs (Local Position)
Executive Assistant to Director General (Local Position)
Landscape facilitator (Local Position)
Driver – Cameroon (Local Position)
Project Coordinator CASEVE GTI (Local Position)
Monitoring and Evaluation Communication and Outreach Officer (Local Position)
Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Local Position)
Data Manager Digital Platform (Local Position)
Accountant (Local Position)
Office Attendant (Local Position)
Consultant - Research Fellow (2 Positions) (Consultancy)
Accountant – Payables (Local Position)