Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Temporary Administrative Assistant- Maternity Cover
OverviewThe purpose of this job is to assist IRD representative, staff and partners in their administrative, management and accounting activities under the authority of IRD East Africa Representative.
Duties and responsibilities
in planning, organizing, coordinating internal and external representation
screen and follow-up on representation correspondences and provides
IRD Data bases (missions, partners, students)
adequate filing system (hard and electronic) and archive of institutional
documents (contracts, MoU)
documents, letters, minutes and notes and distribute to the concerned
the use and the maintenance of office equipment and vehicles.
up on procedures.
- Input documents to the shared
- Assist IRD staff in implementing
their mission in East Africa (Visas, research permits)
- Follow-up on leaves and absences
of local staff.
- Draft leave decisions for
expatriate and local permanent staff.
Management and accounting.
adequate accounting documents for travel reimbursement, in relation with
the accounting office.
procurement for IRD in relation with ICRAF services and/or direct
accommodation, air tickets, local transport, banking and any other
requirements of IRD international staff and partners.
Education, knowledge and experience
- •Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management or Finance/Accounting/Economics or related field. •3 years’ experience in general administration. •NGO experience is a must. •CPA is an added advantage.
Personal attributes and competencies
- •Excellent organizational skills •Computer skills, especially office software •Good communication skills •Ability to synthesize and analyze information and translate into table •Autonomy while being accountable for one's work. •Good written and oral expression •French knowledge is an added advantage
Terms and conditions
- •This is a Locally Recruited position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience. •This is a temporary hire for a period of 3.5 months (September-December). •The duty station will be in Nairobi, CIFOR-ICRAF Offices
Application processThe application deadline is 17 Jun-2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Senior Manager- Programs and Research (Global Position)
Senior Manager - Gender and Programs (Local Position)
Executive Assistant to Director General (Local Position)
Landscape facilitator (Local Position)
Driver – Cameroon (Local Position)
Project Coordinator CASEVE GTI (Local Position)
Monitoring and Evaluation Communication and Outreach Officer (Local Position)
Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Local Position)
Data Manager Digital Platform (Local Position)
Accountant (Local Position)
Office Attendant (Local Position)
Consultant - Research Fellow (2 Positions) (Consultancy)
Accountant – Payables (Local Position)
Call for Consultant - for the mapping of forestry research institutions of Central Africa (Consultancy)