Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Program Assistant – Seed Systems and Technology Transfer
OverviewThis role offers administrative support to the Global Maize Program’s seed systems teams globally, with a focus on technology transfer, contract management, and monitoring and evaluation.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Technology Transfer
administration of the software system used for management of licenses,
including provision / coordination of technical support for internal and
external users of the licensing management system, data entry, and
maintaining the integrity of data.
administrative support for processes related to allocation of CIMMYT maize
products developed in eastern Africa, including product announcement,
reviewing applications, processing license agreements and amendments.
the annual licensee reporting cycle for eastern Africa through the online
system, including review of reports and following up with partners to
ensure reports are submitted on time.
licensee’s compliance with their contractual obligations for reporting and
diligence towards commercialization of licensed products.
and analyze data for use in various reports, especially for purposes of
monitoring and evaluation.
Management (Seed Equal)
- Assist with coordination of processes related
to work planning, monitoring, and reporting for CIMMYT Global Maize Program
(GMP) activities under the One CGIAR Seed Equal Initiative (SEI).
- Collect and compile information from CIMMYT
GMP staff under SEI for use in technical reports and other deliverables.
- Support internal communications and
collaboration among the GMP-SEI team through appropriate software and
- Support administration of GMP subgrants under
Education, knowledge and experience
- •Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field. •3-5 years of work experience •2-3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation or project management.
Personal attributes and competencies
- •Excellent written communication skills (English). •Impeccable attention to detail. •Strong computer skills, with demonstrated experience using a wide range of computer applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, project management software, conferencing software such as Zoom, and SharePoint or other collaborative workspace tools). •Strong analytical and data visualization skills. •Demonstrated experience with contract management. •Ability to communicate in French and/or Portuguese is an added advantage. •Desirable: experience working in institutions focused on research, agriculture, and/or of a donor-funded nature, and experience working in a multicultural environment.
Terms and conditions
- •This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and on competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience. •The appointment will be for a period of two (2) years, inclusive of a six-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources. •The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya.
Application processThe application deadline is 19 Mar-2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Senior Manager- Programs and Research (Global Position)
Senior Manager - Gender and Programs (Local Position)
Executive Assistant to Director General (Local Position)
Landscape facilitator (Local Position)
Driver – Cameroon (Local Position)
Project Coordinator CASEVE GTI (Local Position)
Monitoring and Evaluation Communication and Outreach Officer (Local Position)
Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Local Position)
Data Manager Digital Platform (Local Position)
Accountant (Local Position)
Office Attendant (Local Position)
Consultant - Research Fellow (2 Positions) (Consultancy)
Accountant – Payables (Local Position)
Call for Consultant - for the mapping of forestry research institutions of Central Africa (Consultancy)