Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Research Group Assistant
The background of the Research Group (RG) Assistant position was formed due to the increasing need for administrative support in the implementation of various projects at ICRAF Indonesia. Therefore, the RG assistant should be having experience in working and collaborating with the project’s staff and other RGs, RDT and MSU to promote a client-oriented environment consistent with ICRAF policies and processes. In the implementation of his/her works, the RG Assistant should implement his/her works consistently and timely.
Under the guidance of the Research Group 4 (RG 4) - Sustainable Forest and Agroforest Management for Resilience Livelihood Leader provides administration support services to the RG 3 (Green Value Chain, Innovative Financing and Circular Economy) and RG 4. The Research Group Assistant promotes a client-oriented environment consistent with ICRAF policies and processes in the Country program. The Research Group Assistant works in close collaboration with other Research Groups (RGs), Research Delivery Team (RDT) and projects’ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent and timely service delivery. The Research Group Assistant is the first point of contact when implementing new processes or procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide administration support services to all
Indonesia Country Program teams for any project hosted within Research Group 3
and 4 to ensure effective coordination and smooth implementation of activities
of staffs and projects, such as:
- Travel preparation: prepare the Travel Authorization
(TA), reserve tickets and travel insurance, reserve accommodation, prepare Traveling
Expenses Report (TER).
- Purchasing: coordinate with IT and Admin
Officer in preparing Purchase Requisition (PR) for i.e. publications printing,
stationeries purchasing, laptop.
- Purchasing, etc; conduct price survey, contact
the vendor for the quotation letter and invoice, and down payment-final payment
schemes, sending the design, etc.
- File organization: soft/hard copy files
(purchasing, travel, reporting, agreements, correspondences, etc. that have
been prepared or shared.
- Student’s attachment and hiring consultant: prepare
students invitation letter, submit the student/consultant contract and other
supporting documents into the system, assist the student i.e. for
- Support the research group in accounting for
research related materials: survey equipment, biophysical measurement tools,
mapping equipment, hard copy maps, software, plotter, etc.
2. Organize the secretarial and administration
support of meetings (internal and external), cross visits, seminar, workshop,
- Prepare venue, list of invitation, confirming
participants and resource person.
- Arrange accommodation and travel of the
- Prepare the logistics and relevant publications
of the event including coordination with IT and Program and Communication Outreach
- Responsible in managing the budget event.
- Taking notes (if required).he budget evaccommodation, etc..
- Process honorarium fee participants and resource
- Submit Meeting Advance and Meeting Expenses Report.
3. Support Research Delivery Team (RDT) in data
compilation and database management of projects under RG 3 and RG 4, including:
- Maintain project documentation and
deliverables, such as contracts, progress reports, project updates, partners’
contact, calendar of events, and other documents.
- Maintain project publication and dissemination
database, including list of events, news coverage, inventory, managing stock
and distribution record of research products, and updating the database.
- Assist in project evaluation during the
lifetime of the project in consultation with the project coordinators, such as
compile data from project country networks, media, and other sources.
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in management, information management, communication, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant Administration Management both in national and international non-profit organization.
- Has xperience in procurement and organizing event will be an advantage.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
Personal attributes and competencies
- Basic administrative and documentation skills.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 21 Mar-2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Theme Leader - Biodiversity and Tree Genetic Resources (Global Position)
Theme Leader – Sustainable Value Chains and Investments (Global Position)
Climate Change Specialist cum Project Manager (Local Position)
Hanoi, Viet Nam
Consultant – GLFx Coordinator (Consultancy)
Home based, preferably in CEST time zone
GLFx Digital & Community Support Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CEST time zone or similar
Program Assistants (Local Position)
Any of the TOFI target States (Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh), India
Vegetable Business Officer (Local Position)
Behaviour Change for Resilient Livelihood and Food Security Research Assistant (Local Position)
PHI Coordination Assistant (Local Position)
Program Assistant – Seed Systems and Technology Transfer (Local Position)