Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Senior Market Intelligence Specialist
OverviewCIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Accelerating Genetic Gains in Maize and Wheat project (www.csisa.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development to implement an integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead market intelligence research to
engage with breeding programs (CGIAR, NARS, private sector) on:
- Consumer preferences for fresh and
processed foods derived from cereal crops.
- Strategies and needs of cereal
processing industry strategies (and implications for raw material sourcing).
Cereal seed retail markets.
- Trends in food markets and implications
for cereal processors and farmers.
Education, knowledge and experience
- •MSc. degree in marketing (research), business management, food science and technology, agribusiness, or similar field with at least ten years of relevant experience in the private or public sector. •Track record of quality technical reports. •Experience in research looking at consumer preferences, food processing, product development, food marketing. •Demonstrated ability to excel in complex multidisciplinary research or development projects. •Good partnership building skills, including the ability to interact with private sector; deliver effectively; and moderate meetings with local partners. •A high degree of personal organization and ability to work under pressure. Personal attributes and competencies
Personal attributes and competencies
- •Proactive, Problem Solving and Decision-making, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution and Teamwork. •Strong analytical skills and ability to process both quantitative as well as qualitative information •Excellent interpersonal skills, including gender sensitivity and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams as well as to develop strong and effective working relationships with partners. •Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and on competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
Application processThe application deadline is 05 Dec-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Sustainable Finance Intern (Internship)
Remotely, in Europe time zone (Home-based)
Admin Support Consultant (Consultancy)
Remote (home-based), preferably Bogor
Regional Communication Coordinator - ICRISAT (Local Position)
Office Assistant (Local Position)
Two Consultants (Research Associates) – To work on Forestry/Agroforestry and Tress Outside Forests Policy Analysis (Consultancy)
New Delhi, India
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi (Local Position)
Project Administrator - Kenya (Local Position)
Junior Scientist (Global Position)
Administrative and Finance Officer (Local Position)
Master of Science (MSc) student Poultry Vaccine Supply Chain Intern (Internship)
ILRI Ouagadougou, with travels to Kaya
Senior Field Technician Rwanda – AFDB Project (Local Position)
Senior Research Analyst (Local Position)