Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Project Administrator - Kenya
Duties and responsibilities
Project planning and tracking
- Project planning and tracking
- Provide administrative and project
management support to the breeding teams for the execution of CGIAR-NARES
crop improvement networks activities/projects (e.g., infrastructure
development, development of standard operating procedures for breeding
operations, webinar series, etc.)
- Follow-ups with functional
representatives (e.g., Human Resources, Finance, Procurement) to ensure
timely delivery of agreed tasks and early identification of challenges/
- Facilitate and document planning of
projects at detailed task level with timelines, identification of RACI and
- Regular communication of progress to the
breeding teams and escalation in case of delays
- Prepare regular status reports, and
dashboard tracking updates of projects - identify bottlenecks affecting
execution and propose solutions.
- affecting execution and propose
administration and logistics.
- Facilitate and support the organization
of on-site, off-site, and virtual meetings and presentations for the
- Planning of meetings, scheduling,
logistic needs, follow up and documentation of decisions and follow-up
Support finance and budget
- Develop budgets and monitor budget
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or biological science with 2 years of project management experience, or
- Bachelors in any subject, with minimum 3 years of project management experience (certification in Project Management (PMP) is desired), with 2 years of experience in agricultural projects.
- Experience in general administration
Personal attributes and competencies
- Knowledge of project management software, the latest collaboration tools (e.g., Slack), MS Office Suite, and MS-Visio is required.
- Ability to solve complex issues/ challenges during implementation, detail-oriented – proactive thinker and anticipate challenges and plans for solutions.
- Multi-tasker with attention to detail focused on the big picture and desired outcomes.
- Ability to speak, read, communicate – English (essential), French (highly desirable).
- Ability to analyze data, situations or problems, evaluate possible courses of action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders, and desire to thrive in a multi-cultural international environment.
- Ability to demonstrate financial and non-financial resource awareness.
- Ability to ensure compliance and mitigates risk.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and on competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
Application processThe application deadline is 22 Nov-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Sustainable Finance Intern (Internship)
Remotely, in Europe time zone (Home-based)
Admin Support Consultant (Consultancy)
Remote (home-based), preferably Bogor
Regional Communication Coordinator - ICRISAT (Local Position)
Office Assistant (Local Position)
Two Consultants (Research Associates) – To work on Forestry/Agroforestry and Tress Outside Forests Policy Analysis (Consultancy)
New Delhi, India
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi (Local Position)
Junior Scientist (Global Position)
Administrative and Finance Officer (Local Position)