Job status: In-progress
Job category: Global Position
Duty station: Yaoundé,, Cameroon
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
OverviewCIFOR ICRAF has an exciting opportunity for the position of Junior Scientist in the RESSAC Programme in Yaoundé, Cameroon. We are looking for a Junior Scientist to provide support to the scientific coordinator of the program in the follow-up of the 36 research projects to be conducted by the partners of the program to ensure their quality in compliance with the defined deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare calls for proposals to be
disseminated to partners.
- Organize the review of proposals
at different stages.
- Maintain ongoing liaison with
research project implementing partners.
- Review technical and scientific
reports submitted by RESSAC partners.
- Monitor the production of
publications related to RESSAC-funded research.
- Contribute to the visibility of
the RESSAC program at regional and international level.
- Contribute to the organization of
capacity building sessions for scientific and academic institutions in Central
- Prepare donor reports.
- PhD in one of the disciplines
related to the management or conservation of forest ecosystem resources.
- At least two years of experience
with an academic or scientific institution.
- At least two scientific
- Ability to work with program-level
multi-stakeholders, both in and outside the scientific field.
- Ability to prepare and deliver
- Ability to work in a multicultural
- Ability to work in both English
Education, knowledge and experience
- PhD in one of the disciplines related to the management or conservation of forest ecosystem resources.
- At least two years of experience with an academic or scientific institution.
- At least two scientific publications.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Ability to work with program-level multi-stakeholders, both in and outside the scientific field.
- Ability to prepare and deliver oral presentations.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in both English and French
Terms and conditions
- This is a Globally Recruited Staff (GRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in international currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- The initial appointment will be for three (3) years, inclusive of a six-month probationary period.
Application processThe application deadline is 04 Dec-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Sustainable Finance Intern (Internship)
Remotely, in Europe time zone (Home-based)
Admin Support Consultant (Consultancy)
Remote (home-based), preferably Bogor
Regional Communication Coordinator - ICRISAT (Local Position)
Office Assistant (Local Position)
Two Consultants (Research Associates) – To work on Forestry/Agroforestry and Tress Outside Forests Policy Analysis (Consultancy)
New Delhi, India
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi (Local Position)
Project Administrator - Kenya (Local Position)
Administrative and Finance Officer (Local Position)