Job status: In-progress
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Two Consultants (Research Associates) – To work on Forestry/Agroforestry and Tress Outside Forests Policy Analysis
The successful candidate will report to the Chief of Party-Trees Outside Forests in India (TOFI) Program, CIFOR-ICRAF, New Delhi. S/he will work in close collaboration with other CIFOR-ICRAF team members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Study and analyze the
existing agroforestry/forestry and Trees outside Forest (TOF), and other
relevant Policies at national and state level affecting agroforestry, forestry
- Study on the existing
regulatory regime regarding Felling Permission (FP) and Transit Pass (TP)
system and sale of wood in states
- Collate and analyze the
steps taken by state Government for relaxation of transit and felling rules for
farm grown species
- Study the situation in the
states which have relaxed the Transit and Felling Rules for many farm grown
- Analyzing the backward and
forward linkages in agroforestry and TOF
- Collection of information
and investment on agroforestry and TOF by the Union and state governments
- Study the steps necessary
for strengthening wood market and wood-based industries
- Pursuing the states to
exempt farm grown species from the purview of felling and transit rules
- Coordinate, supervise /or
monitor activities related to the above on a regular basis to ensure both
timely and quality delivery
- Develop the capacity of
partner states and other organizations in relevant technical aspects of
policies and impact assessment
- Generate both communicable
and scientifically sound reports, papers, and other communication products,
including draft procedures for adopting the relaxation of felling and transit
rules for farm grown and TOF species
- Perform any other duties as
assigned by supervisor from time to time
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s in forestry or related subjects with experience of Computer Application
- Minimum of 1-2 years of demonstrable work experience in policy related issues related to forests, agroforestry and TOF conducting various studies
Personal attributes and competencies
- Sound knowledge of policies and rules of forests, agroforestry and TOF
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command of English both spoken and written
- Excellent knowledge of computer application and relevant applications.
- Demonstrated skills in participatory methodologies on information gathering, analysis and presentation.
- Working experience in the field of Agroforestry/forestry/biodiversity
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently on national and regional work missions
- Proven ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment.
Terms and conditions
- This is a consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be 6 months with a possibility of extension based on the requirement.
- Work location: New Delhi, India.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF has its discretion for qualification and disqualification criteria as per suitability and availability of candidates or cancel the hiring at all.
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 27 Nov-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Sustainable Finance Intern (Internship)
Remotely, in Europe time zone (Home-based)
Admin Support Consultant (Consultancy)
Remote (home-based), preferably Bogor
Regional Communication Coordinator - ICRISAT (Local Position)
Office Assistant (Local Position)
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi (Local Position)
Project Administrator - Kenya (Local Position)
Junior Scientist (Global Position)
Administrative and Finance Officer (Local Position)