Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Regional Communication Coordinator - ICRISAT
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordination and
development of high level written, multi-media and other forms of
communication for key audiences with a special focus on partners and donor
- Contribute to the
production of online newsletter with local, national, and regional achievement.
- Develop newsworthy
traditional and social media content with collaboration with partners and use
the organizations social media platforms to pitch news to stakeholders.
- Organize Media trips
to showcase projects in each of the targeted countries.
- Take, archive, and
share photos, videos and presentations of the organizations programs thought
the communication channels.
- Website management
including uploading news items, blogs, articles, and upcoming events.
- Provide logistical
support during events, field visits and meetings.
- Ensure there is
proper flow of information on the organization’s work to key external and
- Master’s degree in
Communications, Journalism or in a related field of specialization with demonstrated
in-house media experience or experience in developing engaging newsworthy
content for institutional traditional and social media.
- Be proficient in
basic video production and graphic design Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro.
- 5-10 years of
experience in communications in the field of research and development.
- Have a good command
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism or in a related field of specialization with demonstrated in-house media experience or experience in developing engaging newsworthy content for institutional traditional and social media.
- Strong writing, analytical and information synthesis skills, and ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely into newsworthy content whether by written or visual means.
- Be a strategic thinker who can develop content for both global and local audiences.
- Sound understanding of agriculture, food and nutrition security, rural development and climate change and demonstrable skills in translating these for a variety of audiences or the ability to rapidly acquire this knowledge.
- Be politically savvy and culturally sensitive and understand the operating context and culture of country offices and locations.
- Good knowledge of the media sector, social media platforms and networks.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
Application processThe application deadline is 16 Nov-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Sustainable Finance Intern (Internship)
Remotely, in Europe time zone (Home-based)
Admin Support Consultant (Consultancy)
Remote (home-based), preferably Bogor
Office Assistant (Local Position)
Two Consultants (Research Associates) – To work on Forestry/Agroforestry and Tress Outside Forests Policy Analysis (Consultancy)
New Delhi, India
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi (Local Position)
Project Administrator - Kenya (Local Position)
Junior Scientist (Global Position)
Administrative and Finance Officer (Local Position)