Job status: Inactive
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Consultant - Communications Specialist
OverviewThe Consultant is responsible for planning and implementing project related communications activities.
Duties and responsibilities
supervision of the Director of Communications Outreach and Engagement and in close coordination with the
assigned project manager(s) the communication specialist will:
- Develop and implement
communication strategies and tactical plans including messaging, budgets,
action plans and performance metrics.
- Plan and produce content
such as publications, articles, web content, social media content, media
releases, infographics, videos, photography, newsletters, presentations and
event related content.
- Manage events including
planning, marketing, implementation, and reporting on results.
- Support coordination of
media interactions, under the guidance of the COE media team.
- All production be
undertaken in coordination with and using the resources of the COE
communications team and consultants.
- Produce analytical reports
on the performance of all communications activities as agreed upon.
- Undertake other
communication activities as agreed upon.
- All activities are
undertaken in coordination with and using the resources of the COE team and
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in strategic communications planning, messaging and monitoring.
- 3 years of full-time experience writing, editing and interviewing digital and print media, video production or broadcasting.
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written).
- Proven profiency in one or more other languages among: French, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Proven ability to manage communication activities.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent understanding of different communication formats and channels and strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Proven ability to coordinate content contributions within a team and/or across teams; ability to build strong working relations with counterparts worldwide.
- Background and understanding of environment, climate, forestry or related subject areas and science communications.
Personal attributes and competencies
- A self-motivated and talented communications manager.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively across different time zones.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality output is essential.
- Reliability and persistence.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and manage a high workload efficiently
- Be able to manage multiple projects and proven ability to keep track of multiple deliverables at once.
- Be a team player and have outstanding interpersonal skills.
Terms and conditions
- This is a consultancy position
- Period of the consultancy is expected to 1 year.
- Work location: Home-based To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged. CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 20 Oct-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Gender and Social Inclusion Coordinator (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Sustainable Finance Intern (Internship)
Remotely, in Europe time zone (Home-based)
Admin Support Consultant (Consultancy)
Remote (home-based), preferably Bogor
Regional Communication Coordinator - ICRISAT (Local Position)
Office Assistant (Local Position)
Two Consultants (Research Associates) – To work on Forestry/Agroforestry and Tress Outside Forests Policy Analysis (Consultancy)
New Delhi, India
Temporary Training Officer, Nairobi (Local Position)
Project Administrator - Kenya (Local Position)
Junior Scientist (Global Position)
Administrative and Finance Officer (Local Position)