Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bonn, Germany
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
GLF Social Media Specialist
GLF Social Media Specialist plans and executes various GLF Social Media campaigns and content related to events, innovations and partner collaboration, as well as leads and coordinates the yearly GLF Social Media Ambassadors program. The specialist works closely with the GLF communications, knowledge, youth and GLFx team to ensure all the GLF’s relevant activities are efficiently and timely communicated to audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee, develop and
coordinate the social media ambassadors’ program to build capacity, grow the
GLF’s audiences on various platforms and increase the exposure of our campaigns
and action on the ground.
- Source, draft and schedule
content daily to maintain a solid social media presence across platforms.
- Design and execute training
sessions aimed at strengthening the social media presence of key stakeholders
within the GLF community.
- Regularly monitor and
report on set key performance indicators to achieve the goals set on the social
- Support Spanish language
social media outreach to increase our reach in Spanish-speaking regions, especially Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Assist with other tasks as
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's or master’s program in communications, journalism, international relations, advertising, media or related discipline
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications, in particular in project or event management and coordination
- Experience in social media tools, best practices, various target audiences and different social media platforms
- Basic knowledge in visual content design and creating audiovisual content
- Familiar with the fields of sustainability, environment, restoration and/or climate
- Fluent in English; Spanish, French or Portuguese preferred.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and energetic
- Creative and solution-oriented
- Attention to detail
- A team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills
- Outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 14 Oct-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
CIFOR-ICRAF Chief Executive Officer (Global Position)
Kenya or Indonesia
Agriculture, Forestry and Agroforestry Extension Research Officer (Local Position)