Job status: Inactive
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Bogor or any other city in Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Video Editor and Cameraman Consultant
The Video Editor and Cameraman Consultant will shoot and edit all aspects of news coverage for the Communications, Outreach and Engagement (COE) team, with some work-related travel needed to film research and policy work by CIFOR-ICRAF’s scientists. The Consultant will have experience with High-Definition cameras, drones, mini-cams, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier editing software, and be familiar with social media video tools (Facebook Live, Instagram, Periscope, etc.).
Reporting to the Camera Operator and Editor, the Consultant will edit video footage on a tight deadline. During editing, a process of review and revision will ensure maximum quality output. Output video is generally uploaded to CIFOR-ICRAF’s YouTube channel, then integrated into CIFOR-ICRAF’s Forests News platform and onto CIFOR-ICRAF’s social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter).
Duties and responsibilities
- Edit traditional TV packages (4–5 minutes), as well as shorter versions
(30 seconds) for distribution on social media and other video content as
- Receive video in any format from CIFOR-ICRAF’s partners and scientists
and convert it to a useable format for CIFOR-ICRAF’s online video banks;
- Create and integrate captions and motion graphic elements into videos;
- Assist with the dubbing/voice-over process for videos;
- Set up and film live shoots (with proper lighting) at field sites and
Education, knowledge and experience
- minimum of a diploma in a relevant background;
- minimum of three years’ experience;
- experience with mixed media, including footage, still photography, static design;
- experience with delivering all designs to meet client and agency standards and producing finished artwork to production specifications;
- experience with both filming and editing;
- proficiency in editing with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro software;
- familiarity with all the major kinds of video formats, and in converting and exporting these formats;
- proficiency in using motion graphics, such as Adobe After Effect.
Personal attributes and competencies
- ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- strong client service approach;
- passion for excellence;
- ability to work at a fast pace and prioritize multiple projects;
- creative, self-motivated with out-of-the-box thinking, as COE is moving away from traditional video packages to explore more modern formats such as AJ+, Facebook Live and Periscope;
- experience with working in a team.
Terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions
- This is a consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be one year.
- Work location: Bogor or any other city in Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 17 Sep-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
CIFOR-ICRAF Chief Executive Officer (Global Position)
Kenya or Indonesia
GLF Social Media Specialist (Local Position)
Agriculture, Forestry and Agroforestry Extension Research Officer (Local Position)