Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Accountant Treasury and Fixed Assets
The Accountant Treasury and Fixed Assets will maintain fixed assets register and recording fixed assets transactions on timely basis. Perform Fixed Assets and inventory physical check according to CIFOR_ICRAF policy. Controlling Petty cash and bank balance to support operating of organization and mitigate any associated risks within the Treasury function and in addition contribute to the development and implementation of a clear and well-defined Treasury management strategy for CIFOR_ICRAF.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining the
relationship with Bogor approved banks
and INTL FX Agency
- Correspond regularly with
banks and when necessary to ensure all banking issues are resolved promptly.
- Prepare paper works for the
opening and closing of bank accounts and corporate credit cards and follow up
for necessary approvals in Bogor.
- Maintenance of CIFOR bank
mandates and ensuring only approved signatories are maintained in the banks.
and Cash Flows
- Assis in Monitor and
maintain bank accounts balances of banks at CIFOR and the countries and inform supervisor.
- Assist to manage, maintain
and ensure that there is adequate balance among banks to meet the daily
operations and obligations.
- Arrange internal transfers
- Review of Bogor &
Countries monthly reconciliations for final approval and highlighting any
issues and overseeing their resolution.
- Consolidation and
disbursement of imprest to Countries and project offices.
- Prepare bank reconciliation
for Bogor Hubs Banks and countries offices ( with no capacity)
- Prepare bank reconciliation
for CIFOR Germany Office
- Preparation of paper works for the opening and closing of
bank accounts and corporate credit cards and follow up for necessary approvals
- Monitor, inform exchange
- Assist in preparing monthly
- Get exchange rate for
beginning and ending balances
- Back up on verifying
electronic payments on the various banking platforms for Bogor.
- Extract the daily reports
from the various banking electronic platforms and shared the reports with the
- Inform incoming
transactions through banks to project account and general account and prepare
acknowledgement letter, if required
- Record incomings in general
- Maintenance of AMEX and
other corporate credit cards relationships.
- Review Petty Cash
- Monthly cash counts
- Review monthly
reconciliations of Petty Cash and other Cash on Hand accounts for final
- Do surprise test
& External Audits
- Assist in preparation and
submission of audit schedules and information relating to the Treasury function
Assets and Inventory Management
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets
Records in the financial system. This includes assets capitalization,
transfers, depreciation and disposal.
- Assist in Monitor Capital
Invested in Fixed Assets & Capital Funds and prepare monthly schedules.
- Create of new asset records
and preparation of assets analysis reports as and when required.
- Calculation the monthly
depreciation, monitor accumulated depreciation and assets disposal in the
- Conducting annual fixed assets
verification exercise and reconciliations thereof.
- Ensure quarterly stock
takes, reconciliations and posting of any required adjustments of the
inventories is done.
- Review Monthly
reconciliation of the inventories sub-ledger to the general ledger
Expenditures Budget and Capital Fund
- Record capital fund
- Supervise staff directly
reporting to you by managing their performance, including setting goals and
objectives, coaching, and delivering results
- Perform performance
evaluation for the team, both mid-year and annually
- Implementation of internal
control systems that ensure CIFOR_ICRAF attains its objectives, produce
accurate and reliable data for decision making.
- Ensure compliance to
policies and safeguard of CIFOR_ICRAF assets.
- Ensure deployment of
control activities through implementation of CIFOR_ICRAF policies that
establish what is expected and procedures that put policies into action.
- Identify and assess changes
that could significantly impact the system of internal control in the Centre.
- Evaluate and communicate
internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to the supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Under graduate master’s degree in a relevant field
- Broad knowledge in Auditing, Accounting and Finance
- Good Knowledge on the Banking Industry
- Understanding of financial markets
- Fluent in both Written and Spoken English
- Experience with automated financial systems
- Knowledge of the integration of financial systems with banking platforms would be desirable.
- Experience in donor funded projects and finances
- Strong computer skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experiences in finance function
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong analytical and supervisory skills
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Has initiative, capable of working independently, and an effective team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- High level attention to detail
- High level of integrity while dealing in cash and bank transactions.
- Creativity & Problem Solving
Terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions
- This is a local position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- The initial appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 09 Sep-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
CIFOR-ICRAF Chief Executive Officer (Global Position)
Kenya or Indonesia
GLF Social Media Specialist (Local Position)
Agriculture, Forestry and Agroforestry Extension Research Officer (Local Position)