Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: West Kalimantan, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
West Kalimantan Administrative and Finance Assistant
To provide the administrative and support finance management function of research activities and project implementation in West Kalimantan. This aim encompasses financial planning of field activities, expenditure monitoring, and administrative and finance reporting including day to day field office operationalization. The position will provide support to regular finance and technical report to be submitted to Bogor Office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support data
management of ongoing research and project implementation in line with overall
activities as requested
- Provide administrative and communication services to each CIFOR-ICRAF team member and related stakeholders, beneficiaries and partners especially in Kalimantan Barat.
- Support administrative
and financing manner that match with CIFOR-ICRAF standard and quality
- Assist on the travel
preparation and report (Travel Authorization/TA, tickets purchasing and Travel
- Support in
providing appropriate basic facilities to support research and project
activities including insurance, health facilities, accommodation, transport,
and other instrument needed.
- Procure and
provide Purchase Requisition (PR)
- Assist in
maintenance field office, tools, and facility
- Support effective
coordination and implementation of the RG activities
- Initiate common
data repository for ICRAF West Kalimantan Team (presentation, purchasing,
networking, and capacity building
- Assist in
developing project coordination, including a schedule of events, deadlines, and
- Support communication
and collaboration activities with all stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries
with appropriate and good quality standard of CIFOR-ICRAF.
- Support in
organizing CIFOR-ICRAF at West Kalimantan events, cross visits, seminar, and
workshop, etc. including:
- preparing venue, list of invitation and confirming participants
- arrange accommodation and travel of the participants
- preparing the logistics
- responsible in managing the budget event
- taking notes (if required)
- update list of meetings and any events i.e., seminar, workshop, etc.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Educational background (bachelor’s degree) in economics, accountancy, secretary, forestry, geography, statistics, agriculture, development study, social science and / or other related fields.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of a successful work experience record in the subject area (s) related to project management & implementation. Demonstrated self-motivational and result-oriented nature; good planning and problem analysing/ solving skills.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in project management preferable with NGO background.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Has initiative, capable of working independently, and an effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or any office application).
- GIS analysis will be additional point
- Basic administrative and documentation skills.
- Strong character, a multitasking person who can work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, a good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a six-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in West Kalimantan, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 16 Aug-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Senior Manager- Programs and Research (Global Position)
Senior Manager - Gender and Programs (Local Position)
Executive Assistant to Director General (Local Position)
Landscape facilitator (Local Position)
Driver – Cameroon (Local Position)
Project Coordinator CASEVE GTI (Local Position)
Monitoring and Evaluation Communication and Outreach Officer (Local Position)
Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Local Position)
Data Manager Digital Platform (Local Position)
Accountant (Local Position)
Office Attendant (Local Position)
Consultant - Research Fellow (2 Positions) (Consultancy)
Accountant – Payables (Local Position)
Call for Consultant - for the mapping of forestry research institutions of Central Africa (Consultancy)