Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Senior Accountant - Grants
OverviewThe Senior Accountant provides financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of Financial report in accordance with CIFOR-ICRAF internal financial as well as donor guidelines. The Accountant works in close collaboration with other team outside finance such as MSU, PMU, Country team and Research Themes of CIFOR-ICRAF, to exchange information and ensure timely service delivery. In addition, the Senior Accountant ensure that strong internal controls are instituted in following CIFOR-ICRAF’s policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a complete record of all pertinent documents of each project and coordinate with other Finance Staff and various project leaders to ensure that the financial implementation adheres with all the other aspects of the project agreement.
- Collaborate with Project leaders and PMU to clarify financial issues, answer queries and give update on the financial and budget status of the project.
- Review and verify expenditures of restricted projects assigned to ensure adherence to budgetary and donor requirements.
- Liaise with the Program Management Unit (PMU) regarding the development of Letter of Agreement (LoA) with partner Institutions, project start-ups and set ups in budget update and management and project tracking & closures in the systems.
- Collaborate with PMU regarding staff time allocation updated in OCS planner.
- Collaborate with PMU on budgets for partnerships, travel, supplies, consultants, publications, and other costs based on the availability of funds of on-going restricted projects.
- Review the overall annual budgets once posted in the system by PMU of grants in assigned teams.
- Prepare reports on the specific projects’ finances to donors and other users in compliance with Center standards and as specifically pre-determined by the donor as mentioned on the signed Grant Agreements and Donor’s General Conditions and are submitted on time.
- Submit draft and final financial reports in grants management system.
- Review all donors reports from the Country Offices
- Prepare invoice/payment request to the donor according to the payment term and schedule on the agreement.
Grant Proposal Budgets and revised Budgets for On-going Projects
- Key resource for project proposal/budget preparation regarding compliance issues for prospective sources of funding
- Review and discuss revised budget for on-going projects from Offices, Units and Themes assigned
- Ensure that the grants recover full overheads as per relevant cost structure
- Provide guidance and ensure the budget figures are correct and the budget lines follow the donor requirements
- Review the financial part and other relevant information of the new Grant Agreements and Grant agreement amendments.
- Acknowledge on the specific financial requirements from the donor and inform the relevant parties to ensure conformity on such requirements.
- Collaborate with PMU on the update of the 3 years staff time plan on quarterly basis or as necessary.
- Update the monthly summary of restricted projects with multi-year budgets and cumulative expenses.
- Prepare and review the monthly summary of cash flow (projected incoming and expenses of restricted project) to be used by the Head of Treasury and Fixed Assets.
- Execute the selection process of audit firm to appoint the auditor for special audit of restricted projects as required by donor
- Key resource on providing supporting documents and queries from the external auditors during the audit process
- Review the preliminary draft audit report received from the auditor
- Review partner audit report in relation to project requirement.
- Monitor and ensure that staff time allocation are in accordance with the budget and the time sheets are recorded/adjusted appropriately
- Collecting timesheets from respective staffs involved in the project that required timesheets as mandatory supporting documents.
- Monitor donor receivables and payables. Assist in ensuring that receivables are collected. Review donor payables remind project leaders if there is slow spending. Provide explanation on the monthly summary of donor receivables and payables >USD 50K, prepared by Treasury team.
- Identify incoming funds from restricted donors and provide the code to the Head of Treasury and Fixed Assets.
- Review project partner’s agreement and budget in collaboration with PMU.
- Monitoring financial compliance for restricted grants partners of assigned grants and ensure partners spend within their budgets and are following the laid down donor and/or CIFOR-ICRAF financial procedures and regulations.
- Analyze restricted grants partner expenses and provide feedback of analysis to the project leaders and managers on expenditure trends and areas with significant over- or under spending
- Review the financial reports submitted by the partners, monitor partner balances, and collect any unused funds
Education, knowledge and experience
- University education in accounting or other relevant fields
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in financial and accounting services
- Experience in project or cost accounting
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with an ERP, familiarity with integrated finance systems and Vision XL is an advantage
- Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Has initiative, capable of working independently, and an effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Terms and conditions
- This is a local position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- The initial appointment will be for 2 (two) years, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 02 Jul-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Events Project Officer (Consultancy)
home-based (with ability to work in the Europe time zone)
Landscape News Assistant (Consultancy)
Science Writers (Consultancy)
GLF Youth Coordinator (Consultancy)
Internal Audit Internship (Internship)
New Delhi, India
Remote Sensing Specialist (Local Position)
Research Officer (Local Position)
Deputy Chief of Party (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CET time zone or similar
GLFx Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in Latin America and Caribbean time zones
Consultant for Baseline Assessment of the Policy Environment and Investment Landscape in Relation to Trees Outside Forests (Consultancy)
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh