Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Engagement and Partnership Officer
Under the guidance and supervision of the Green Growth Planning and Policy Specialist, the Engagement and Partnership Officer will work to facilitate and support CIFOR-ICRAF Indonesia research groups in building partnerships through national and sub-national engagement, and across various projects and sites in Indonesia.
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate processes and various
activities to build good relations between CIFOR-ICRAF Indonesia and various
stakeholders at the national level including government and non-government
- Facilitate building and maintenance
network and communication within ICRAF and partners across all project sites.
- Facilitate workshop, conference and focus
group discussions or other surveys related to forestry, agroforestry practice
and socio-economic policy as required by research activities.
- Support overall research activities related to
engagement and mainstreaming processes in the project’s implementation.
- Represent institutions in various sessions
related to the engagement process and able to present various research results
and research agendas in front of various forums, at national, provincial and
- Develop reports of regular activities and
thematic reports as requested by the project supervisor.
- Publish written documents related to
policy recommendations, mainstreaming processes and other issues.
- Prepare overall related administrative reports on a
regular basis and thematic reports as instructed during research and project
- Prepare ToR for consultants and partners in conducting
research or other services, assist management of their contracts and assist the
review process around the reports.
- Assist supervision and guidance to partner colleagues
in project planning and site monitoring
- Prepare engagement and partnership building workplan
and budget as requested by the projects.
- Attend meetings, visit partner institutions to discuss
project activities with the leaders and explore other collaborations.
- Collaborate with local government and other
institutions to assist in the promotion of project activities related to, e.g.
forest management units, community-based forest management, peat and mangrove
management, national parks and other government institutions.
- Partner with local government and local
organizations in assisting with proposal development and facilitate the
preparation of administrative documents for local and national governments and
other stakeholders to implement project and research plans that will be carried
out by CIFOR-ICRAF Indonesia.
and capacity building:
- Maintain collaboration with other research groups and
relevant institutions for technical advisory and project implementation.
- Maintain regular communication with the relevant
partner and government agencies to update the research and project activities to
ensure smooth and impactful collaboration.
- Develop communication materials on project sites and
activities in Indonesia in Bahasa and English.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in policy communication, environmental law, psychology, politics, forest management, community or rural development, geography or other social science
- Minimum 5 (five) years of relevant experience
- Experience in working with not-for-profit organizations, government institutions and business enterprises
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook or any office application)
- Good knowledge of Indonesia policy around Sustainable Development Goals, national development/spatial plan and forest governance
- Basic administrative and documentation skills
- Research on policy communication, policy analysis, development study or a forest governance background will be an advantage
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural teams
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills (Indonesian and English)
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects
- Able to generate creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations
- Willing to receive feedback from others
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be based in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 20 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Consultant For a Review on Rights-Based Approaches in Climate Change, Conservation, and Development Initiatives (Consultancy)
GLFx Digital & Community Support Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CEST time zone or similar
Research Assistant - International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) (Local Position)
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso