Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Palembang, South Sumatra, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
South Sumatra Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Indonesia Country Programme is currently implementing a five-year project entitled Sustainable Landscapes for Climate-Resilient Livelihoods in Indonesia (Land4Lives). The Project is funded by Global Affair Canada (GAC). The Project aims to increase Indonesia's economic and climate-resilience livelihoods and food security for poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls. Land4Lives will be implemented in South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. The project will rely a lot on stakeholder engagement with the provincial and district government, as well as other stakeholder such as academicians, private sector, and civil society organization.
The South Sumatra Stakeholder Engagement Officer will lead engagement processes and will be fully responsible in developing a mutual relationship with all relevant stakeholders. She/he will be the key person in engaging with key local stakeholders to raise awareness of the Project and build commitment toward implementation. The position will also provide strategic advice to the project in term of building a new cooperation with partners in South Sumatra.
Duties and responsibilities
and implement the Land4Lives engagement
process to the stakeholders, including government, private sector, and non-government
institution in South Sumatra.
- Provides support for WP1 (Work Package 1)
in strengthening land-use governance and policymaking for climate change
mitigation and adaptation that benefit the poor and vulnerable populations in
selected provinces in Indonesia
- Provides support for WP2 in improving
landscape-level decision-making in management for better ecosystem health and
services that meet different needs of women and men in priority landscapes
within selected provinces
- Provides support for WP3 in enhancing
climate-resilient livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities, particularly
women, in selected villages within the priority landscapes of the selected
- To facilitate the engagement process to the stakeholders
including government and non-government institution in NTT.
- Facilitate overall project implementation
and ensure good collaboration of the project and the stakeholders
- Facilitate expert network at province level as a center of
excellence for capacity building of human resources on climate change
adaptation, food security and gender equality.
- To supervise and support the local
facilitator to develop the intervention strategy and action plan and to seek
local government support legal formal documents
- To supervise and monitoring on deliverable
sub-grant to local partners
- Support in developing and implementing
exit strategy for Land4Lives program at district and provincial level.
- The Stakeholder Engagement Deputy Coordinator Officer
will support the daily management and implementation of the project by
day-to-day supervision of program and coordination of activities in the
province, district and village level.
- Explain and describe of goals, objectives and
activities of the project to governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- In collaboration with project leader, ensure necessary
program planning, development and implementation at provincial level function
smoothly and efficiently
- Identify and inform project leader of successes,
challenges and lessons learned from the area.
- Monitor and review the overall program implementation
at the province, district and village level and provides advices and supports
to resolve issues in the field.
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual and annual
report (financial and operational).
- Monitor project activities and prepare timely field
- Identify keep accurate recording and archiving of all
activities, including financial records, data, pictures, attendance sheets,
activity reports, correspondence, etc.
- Support Provincial Coordinator to develop a
coordination mechanism for the collaborating partners of the Project.
- Support Provincial Coordinator to prepare all
logistical matters related to trainings and meetings
- Support Provincial Coordinator to prepare schedule for
field activities, surveys and training programs, including identification of
local partners, who are potentially interested in the Project.
- Establish and maintain positive working relations with
municipalities and relevant stakeholders in community to ensure cooperation and
success of project implementation.
- Establish linkages with local government
(departments), local NGOs (Nongovernmental Organizations), CSOs, social groups,
for different and comprehensive development activities
- Provide support to the development of communication
and partnership arrangements.
- Remain in close contacts with the local elders. Pass
on immediately their problems to respective working group, or project
consortium for timely solution.
- Take proactive measures and liaise with regional
office, partner organizations and local official.
- To be familiar with the cultural, socio-economic and
political environment of the region and province of NTT
- Draws up reports and presentation
- Coordinate the results and lessons learned documentation
Education, knowledge and experience
- Minimum bachelor's degree in forestry, geography, agriculture, social science, and/or other related fields.
- Minimum 7 (eight) years of a successful work experience record in the subject area(s) related to project management & implementation.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Demonstrated self-motivational and result-oriented nature; good planning and problem analyzing/ solving skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment, while functioning as an individual contributor.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Good administrative and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in English communication (verbal and written), good working knowledge of English in the areas of his/her professional expertise.
- Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGOs in Indonesia.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate.
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Palembang, South Sumatra, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Consultant For a Review on Rights-Based Approaches in Climate Change, Conservation, and Development Initiatives (Consultancy)
GLFx Digital & Community Support Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CEST time zone or similar
Research Assistant - International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) (Local Position)
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso