Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
East Nusa Tenggara Team Support Assistant
Indonesia Country Programme is currently implementing a five-year project entitled Sustainable Landscapes for Climate-Resilient Livelihoods in Indonesia (Land4Lives). The Project is funded by Global Affair Canada (GAC). The Project aims to increase Indonesia's economic and climate-resilience livelihoods and food security for poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls. Land4Lives will be implemented in South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. Therefore, ICRAF Indonesia opens the position of East Nusa Tenggara Team Support Assistant.
The position will be responsible to support overall administrative and financial requirements and reporting of ICRAF activities in South Sulawesi. She/he will be responsible to ensure proper administrative work related to the implementation of the project as well as the communication strategy and monitoring and evaluation processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative and
communication services to each ICRAF East Nusa Tenggara team member while
ensuring effective coordination and implementation of the unit activities:
- Assist on the Travel preparation
and report (Travel Authorization/TA, tickets purchasing, travel insurance,
accommodation, and Travel Expenses Report).
- Assist on Traveling Expenses
- Procure and provide Purchase
- Initiate common data repository
for ICRAF South Sulawesi Team (presentation, purchasing, travel expenses
report, reporting, agreements, correspondences, etc. that have been done or
- Assist the ICRAF South Sulawesi
team in the administrative aspects related to all Land4Lives tasks and
- Assist in developing project
coordination, including a schedule of events, deadlines, and targets
- Assist in maintenance filed
Office, tools and facility
- Support in organizing ICRAF at
South Sulawesi events, cross visits, seminar, and workshop of ICRAF, etc.
- Prepare venue, list of invitation
and confirming participants
- Arrange accommodation and travel
of the participants
- Preparing the logistics
- Responsible in managing the budget
- Taking notes (if required)
- Update list
of meetings and any events i.e., seminar, workshop, etc.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Diploma Degree in Accounting, Management, Information Management, Communication, or any related discipline.
- Knowledgeable in research writing and extension documents
- Preferably 1 (one) year of a successful work experience record in the subject area (s), however fresh graduate is encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated self-motivational and result-oriented nature; good planning and problem analyzing/ solving skills
Personal attributes and competencies
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Good administrative and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in English communication (verbal and written), good working knowledge of English in the areas of his/her professional expertise.
- Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGOs in Indonesia.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate.
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Consultant For a Review on Rights-Based Approaches in Climate Change, Conservation, and Development Initiatives (Consultancy)
GLFx Digital & Community Support Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CEST time zone or similar
Research Assistant - International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) (Local Position)
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso