Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
East Nusa Tenggara Land use planning officer
Indonesia Country Programme is currently implementing a five-year project entitled Sustainable Landscapes for Climate-Resilient Livelihoods in Indonesia (Land4Lives). The Project is funded by Global Affair Canada (GAC). The Project aims to increase Indonesia's economic and climate-resilience livelihoods and food security for poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls. Land4Lives will be implemented in South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. For the project implementation in South Sulawesi, ICRAF Indonesia opens the position of East Nusa Tenggara Land use planning Officer.
The position will support Land4Lives to lead field data collection and participatory processes of local stakeholders related to land use planning and landscape restoration.
Duties and responsibilities
Package (WP) 1
- Support the
overall research and project implementation on the land use planning process
and result at the site province
- Collect, compile,
and conduct data cleaning for spatial and non-spatial in connection with
land use planning process at province
and district level through interview,
FGD, workshop and other activities.
- Facilitate collaboration with
the local government and local stakeholders in develop,
implementing and evaluation on the local land use
with government and non-government at the province and district level
in many topics including RTRW, RPJM, KPLS,
RPPLH, Social Forestry, Green Growth, TOR and
other RAD GRK, RAD AP, SDG and other local
- Organize and
collaborate with the other staff to organized workshop, training, focus
group discussion and other meeting forum.
development of stakeholder’s forum for land development and
other development process at province and district level.
- Facilitate expert
network at province level as a centre of excellence for capacity building of
human resources of land use, development, and spatial planning.
- Support the daily
management and implementation of the project by day-to-day supervision of
program and coordination of activities especially under WP 1 in the
province and district level.
- In collaboration
with WP 1 leader and province coordinator, ensure necessary program
planning, development, and implementation at provincial level in overall
land use topic.
- Identify and
inform WP 1 leader of successes, challenges and lessons learned
from the planned activities.
- Supervise the
efficient selection of beneficiaries and ensure their proper distribution in
collaboration with the representative of implementing partners and government
- Monitor the
activities regularly and report the necessary information and progress
to immediate supervisor.
- Collaborate with WP 2
and WP 3 for the overall project implementation
- Develop report all
the activities to WP 1 leader.
Package (WP) 2 with focus on landscape level
primary (i.e. ecosystem functions and services: water,
carbon and biodiversity) and secondary
data collection (i.e. ecosystem
functions and, services: water, carbon and biodiversity, High conservation value (HCV), High carbon stock (HCS), degraded
areas, fire risk areas and other environmental hazards climate; climate and
hydrology; watershed characteristics.
- Lead and
facilitate series of FGDs process at landscape and sub-landscape on
issues of restoration, management of water resources and
- Initiate and maintain engagement
with relevant new multi stakeholder or Existing multi stakeholder at the landscape level that already initiated by
Province Coordinator and liaise with them for the related task
and activities under WP2.
- Provide support
on the organized public consultation and training.
to the development of water resources and watershed management/
restoration plan/agreements at landscape and sub landscape levels
documentation and report of all activities to supervisors
and research team in Bogor
with WP1 in linking landscape to provincial level.
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum degree of a BSc in spatial planning, geography, forestry, agriculture, rural and regional development and / or other related fields
- Have a good representation and reputation to local stakeholders
- Good analytical skills to support research works
- Able to provide succinct field reports and produce communication products targeting local community
Personal attributes and competencies
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and any office application, GIS analysis is a must)
- Advance knowledge of RTRW, RPJMD, Social Forestry, TORA and other land use governance
- Strong character, a multitasking person who can work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, a good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Events Project Officer (Consultancy)
home-based (with ability to work in the Europe time zone)
Landscape News Assistant (Consultancy)
Science Writers (Consultancy)
GLF Youth Coordinator (Consultancy)
Internal Audit Internship (Internship)
New Delhi, India
Remote Sensing Specialist (Local Position)
Research Officer (Local Position)
Deputy Chief of Party (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CET time zone or similar
Senior Accountant - Grants (Local Position)
GLFx Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in Latin America and Caribbean time zones
Consultant for Baseline Assessment of the Policy Environment and Investment Landscape in Relation to Trees Outside Forests (Consultancy)
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh