Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
East Nusa Tenggara Enterprise Development Facilitator
Indonesia Country Programme is currently implementing a five-year project entitled Sustainable Landscapes for Climate-Resilient Livelihoods in Indonesia (Land4Lives). The Project is funded by Global Affair Canada (GAC). The Project aims to increase Indonesia's economic and climate-resilience livelihoods and food security for poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls. Land4Lives will be implemented in South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. For the project implementation in South Sumatera, ICRAF Indonesia opens the position of East Nusa Tenggara Enterprise Development Facilitator.
The position will support Land4Lives to contribute to developing the business model for restoration and water management, implement capacity strengthening for enterprise and market development for smallholder farmers and farmer groups.
Duties and responsibilities
package (WP) 2
- Lead primary (i.e. value chain and market map) and
secondary data collection (i.e price, trade at local, national and
- Lead and facilitate series of focus group discussions
process at landscape and sub-landscape on issues of value chain and market
in restoration, management of water resources and watershed.
to the development of business model of water resources and watershed
management/restoration plan/agreements at landscape and sub landscape
- Initiate and
maintain engagement relevant new multi stakeholder or
existing multi stakeholder at the landscape level that the
provincial coordinator already initiated and liaise with them for the
related task and activities under WP2.
documentation and report of all activities to supervisors
and research team in Bogor.
- Coordinate with WP3 in linking landscape to village level.
package (WP) 3
- Under the supervision of the Senior Green Value Chains and Markets
Researcher, plan and implement of activities to achieve the targets of the
Outputs under Immediate Outcome 1310 Financial Innovations, Marketing and Value
Chains, including planning and implementation of surveys, appraisals, analysis,
training, development of technical material (for farmers, farmer groups and
traders), and data collection (management and storage) and reporting.
- Assist the Senior Green Value Chains and Markets Researcher,
Sustainable Commodities and Market Development Researcher, WP3 Leader, WP2
Leader and Provincial Coordinator to develop and pilot a local innovative
finance scheme for smallholder farmers and farmer groups interested in
agroforestry enterprise development.
- Support the Senior Green Value Chains and Markets Researcher and
other relevant project colleagues to plan, implement and document smallholder
finance, marketing and enterprise research.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Educational background (bachelor's degree) in economy, business management, market or any related field
- Minimum 5 years in related fields
Personal attributes and competencies
- Market systems and value chains development
- Community, partner facilitation, and coordination
- Private sector and value chain integration
- Capacity building and capacity building coordination
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Good administrative and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in English communication (verbal and written), good working knowledge of English in the areas of his/her professional expertise.
- Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGOs in Indonesia.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Consultant For a Review on Rights-Based Approaches in Climate Change, Conservation, and Development Initiatives (Consultancy)
GLFx Digital & Community Support Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CEST time zone or similar
Research Assistant - International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) (Local Position)
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso